Author Topic: Club Laverda NSW brekky run this Sunday 3rd September  (Read 2084 times)

Offline martymoose

Club Laverda NSW brekky run this Sunday. Yes I know its Father's Day so a quick ride. Meet at the 7/11 servo Berowra 8.30am going to Jerrys cafe at Kulnura for brekky. Those without Father's Day duties can return via the Putty rd loop.

See you there
Marty
« Last Edit: August 31, 2017, 04:23 by martymoose »
Cheers from sunny Sydney

Offline Brett

Re: Club Laverda NSW brekky run this Sunday 3rd September
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2017, 11:27 »
The question is "is it a shake down run for Tassie trip"  hmm
Sitting on the fence 120 or 180 that is the question ?

Offline Vince

« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2017, 03:11 »
Buggar me, how friggin stressful can you get? I leave home and the bike conks out a block later. No start till I wiggle the wires at the steering head, time to fix that once and for all. So I am on tender hooks for the next part of the ride expecting it to happen again. I get to the meeting place and all is well. We head off and again all is well, except Brett is running late. Mid Old Pacific Hwy a car pulls onto the road and proceeds slowly, I am watching hard as he appears to be lost. We come to an intersection and I expect he is turning off, I ease up expecting this until he suddenly stops dead in the middle of the road with me almost running up his arse, I come to a stop beside him on the right, fingers crossed he isn't about to turn into me. I give the horn a long hard go and get a dazed and confused look back at me.
I got way too close, stupid on my part. Got to Jerrys and had a great breakfast and a pleasant chat with the blokes, then we hear Brett is miles back so the decision is made to leave. Some are nervous about the heavy cop presence on The Old Rd so it seems the expressway is the way they're going. I am ok with the cop presence and decide to go that way, MAYBE. We meet Brett halfway back, and then just as we arrive at the Old Rd turn I notice I am having Issues getting gears. The gear lever is hanging down, yep I expect I have broken the return spring. Luckily I went expressway and got it into 5th.So all the way to the end of the expressway I am nervous I won't get lower gears, luckily if I lifted the lever and then went down I managed to get all gears. Up changes were fine just down changes didnt work as the lever was fully down.
Stressfull day out on the bike.
PS heading home on the expressway I got a wave from Chris on the black SF heading the other way, maybe very late to meet us.

Offline martymoose

« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2017, 06:52 »
Team photographer mia soo I had to step in
Cheers from sunny Sydney

Offline Brett

« Reply #4 on: September 03, 2017, 11:17 »
Hmm long story suffice to say the 3C performed like a swiss watch
Sitting on the fence 120 or 180 that is the question ?

Offline chrisk

• I'd like to write something here: SOMETHING
« Reply #5 on: September 03, 2017, 20:17 »
Mr Pritts helmet looks like it came from the Starwars set ....  :o
"Team BFN - an international rabble on wheels"🏍🍻👍🤣😍

Offline chrissoz

« Reply #6 on: September 03, 2017, 22:37 »
Not late - just had some morning commitments and wanted to give the old SF a bit of a run - did not know if any of you had seen me waving across 6 lanes of traffic. Had a good ride up the old road including a fast run back up to the pie shop with a few newer bikes. SF is running really well and did not miss a beat.
1973 SF1 #13370

Offline Vince

« Reply #7 on: September 04, 2017, 00:52 »
I can understand this reluctance to run the gauntlet of the cops on the Old Rd, but that's exactly what they want. To scare all bikes off these roads, so stuff that. Be a bit circumspect between the bends with minimum acceleration but keep the corner speed up and keep these roads available for some fun.

Offline Cosi

« Reply #8 on: September 04, 2017, 07:37 »
Do what we do on mt mee and nebo, pick a gear , 2nd and use that and no brakes...
Hastings Point 2489 Australia