Author Topic: NALOC roll call thread.  (Read 12673 times)

Offline angonemoto

NALOC roll call thread.
« on: March 24, 2017, 20:23 »
Hi all,
The new riding season is starting, so let's find out where we all are and see about getting a few of us together across North America on our Laverdas.  ;D

Bob Angone
Berwyn, IL
312-218-2584
angonemoto | 68 American Eagle 750 1401 | 74 750 SF2 16441 | 77 JARAMA 3CL 5906 | 78 R100 RS | 04 GAS GAS EC 300 | 84 KX125
We really should have a better President, right?

Online IAG

• Chicago
Re: NALOC roll call thread.
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2017, 22:53 »
Bob Colbert
St John Indiana
Contact via email
1976 3CL#5148 
American Eagle #1650
1984 RGS Executive #10 (#2320)

Offline drdezmo

« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2017, 23:28 »
Mike Larson
Phoenix, Az.
Contact by email

Offline sonomalaverda

« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2017, 01:01 »
Alex Dodd
Sonoma, CA

Offline '71 SF

« Reply #4 on: March 25, 2017, 12:52 »
Clay Caessens
Pensacola Florida

Offline mcnicol

« Reply #5 on: March 25, 2017, 16:31 »
Ken McNicol
Tampa Bay Florida
NOT an American, though, I just live here!!! (not leaving the door open for that!)
1978 Jota. New Redax crank, Ross 1200 pistons.

Offline '71 SF

« Reply #6 on: March 26, 2017, 00:02 »
Ken McNicol
Tampa Bay Florida
NOT an American, though, I just live here!!! (not leaving the door open for that!)

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:, there's a lot of others that are just living here too. Lots of "North America" out there though.

Have you been doing much riding yet?

Clay
« Last Edit: March 26, 2017, 00:10 by '71 SF »

Offline mcnicol

« Reply #7 on: March 27, 2017, 03:22 »
Clay, g'day mate, no, no riding except just to work, end of year exams are about to be on top of us and weekends are now just recovering from the week. Bloody shame, the weather has been absolutely beautiful the last few weeks. Paucity of destinations in central Florida remains an issue, don't know if it's all that much better in the Panhandle but it's not as flat so at least you have that. I did go to Honduras and Belize and Mexico on a cruise for a week, also not good places for motorcycling (although fascinating places to visit).
And as I mentioned a few weeks ago, my plans for taking out US citizenship are coming along, I have finally submitted a naturalisation application. Will probably take a full year to process (there's a lot of people like me who have decided that it just makes sense to do it now). But I'll still be an Australian living in the US because that's who I am. I will get to vote, though, something I've felt bad about not doing for a long time, I've always believed citizens in a a democracy have an obligation to be active participants in the process of democracy.

Ken
1978 Jota. New Redax crank, Ross 1200 pistons.

Offline henrywillms

• my corsa with exec bits
« Reply #8 on: March 27, 2017, 15:37 »
Henry Willms
Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada
henryjwillms@shaw.ca

Offline helicopterjim

• No shit, there I was - and the crack was 90!
« Reply #9 on: March 27, 2017, 20:24 »
Jim Henderson
Rosedale, BC
Canada
74 SFC
72 SF
74 3C
75 3C
79 (81) Formula Mirage 1200
Various Ducati's, Guzzi's, Puch's ... a BSA Sloper and maybe even an R90
I don't have a 1977 Honda XL 175 but I do have a Chang Jiang CJ750 with a sidecar.

Chilliwack, British Columbia

Offline aebbern

« Reply #10 on: March 27, 2017, 21:06 »
Andy Ebbern
Calgary, Alberta
Canada
'79 1200, '06 KTM 950 Adventure

Offline '71 SF

« Reply #11 on: March 29, 2017, 23:49 »
Clay, g'day mate, no, no riding except just to work, end of year exams are about to be on top of us and weekends are now just recovering from the week. Bloody shame, the weather has been absolutely beautiful the last few weeks. Paucity of destinations in central Florida remains an issue, don't know if it's all that much better in the Panhandle but it's not as flat so at least you have that. I did go to Honduras and Belize and Mexico on a cruise for a week, also not good places for motorcycling (although fascinating places to visit).
And as I mentioned a few weeks ago, my plans for taking out US citizenship are coming along, I have finally submitted a naturalisation application. Will probably take a full year to process (there's a lot of people like me who have decided that it just makes sense to do it now). But I'll still be an Australian living in the US because that's who I am. I will get to vote, though, something I've felt bad about not doing for a long time, I've always believed citizens in a a democracy have an obligation to be active participants in the process of democracy.

Ken

Ken, glad you are getting to do some riding. Patti and I are in a massive rebuild of the back yard so my riding has been sidelined for the 1200 and mainly on the 1100S.

On the citizenship side glad you are doing it voluntarily and not at gun point  :o One thing for sure is you will be required to know more about the Constitution and the Republic than the majority of those under 30! The thread got a bit blown up by me over Trump, nothing thrown personal at you or anyone else that lives the same way (and there are a lot) as you do. By no means is Trump the most likable individual, and some of the shit he say's just amazes me but Americans have finally had enough of the same old politicians that have made a living (becoming multi-millionaires) off of the taxpayers. Will it work? We'll see. The latest fiasco with the healthcare shows just how in-bread all of DC is. The irony, there is no need for a federal healthcare law-that belongs to the states and has been on the books for years. All this just shows how bad that bad can get. But, we have motorcycles that make our lives more pacified and allows our travels to cool places that you and I get to go to helps us to forget all the BS.

So now we need to see where everybody is and where we all would like to meet. The country is huge and traveling for everybody is going to be a long journey but maybe we can break it up into two or three three sections-Northwestish starting in Canada-Midcentralish-southeastish. Or Northeastish starting in Canada-Midcentralish-southwestish. Lots of roads to cover.

Cheers

Clay

Offline Dellortoman

• My wolf mate 6/5/1996 - 3/1/2011
« Reply #12 on: March 30, 2017, 00:39 »
So now we need to see where everybody is and where we all would like to meet. The country is huge and traveling for everybody is going to be a long journey ...

You guys could all meet in Lebanon.

No not THAT Lebanon, the one in Kansas. It's the geographic centre of USA.

Offline helicopterjim

• No shit, there I was - and the crack was 90!
« Reply #13 on: March 30, 2017, 01:04 »
It's the geographic centre of USA.

Only if the following meeting is in the geographic centre of Canada ........ it's only fair you know.
74 SFC
72 SF
74 3C
75 3C
79 (81) Formula Mirage 1200
Various Ducati's, Guzzi's, Puch's ... a BSA Sloper and maybe even an R90
I don't have a 1977 Honda XL 175 but I do have a Chang Jiang CJ750 with a sidecar.

Chilliwack, British Columbia

Offline sonomalaverda

« Reply #14 on: March 30, 2017, 02:53 »
Or we could just say sod it all and ride coast to coast together both ways

ALEX