Author Topic: Laverda Jota Ownership, second time around. (ramblings)  (Read 354365 times)

Offline Legs

Re: Laverda Jota Ownership, second time around. (ramblings)
« Reply #3495 on: October 02, 2020, 01:29 »
Be careful not to over insulate stuff, it may cause it to vibrate more than if it was solidly mounted.

Offline chrisk

• I'd like to write something here: SOMETHING
« Reply #3496 on: October 02, 2020, 01:39 »
Is not so much the box that needs protection from vibes, it's those pesky skinny wires that they use that fail due to vibration.
"Team BFN - an international rabble on wheels"🏍🍻👍🤣😍

Offline Laverda SF

« Reply #3497 on: October 02, 2020, 05:52 »
Hi Carlo: Ron
North Shore Lake Huron, Ontario Canada, home town Capreol just north of Sudbury Ontario. Presently living in Spanish.

I cannot list the motorcycles I've worked on or ridden - Just too many.

The thing is: I loved to race and I'm still alive. Gotta say that 70 SFO 750 Breganzie is a racer.

Offline Dellortoman

• My wolf mate 6/5/1996 - 3/1/2011
« Reply #3498 on: October 02, 2020, 09:24 »
You two should get a room  :D

Online Piranha Brother 2

• It was once a 1973 750 SF1
« Reply #3499 on: October 02, 2020, 15:31 »
Know what you mean. Become fairly proficient at it after 46 years owning a twin!!
What ... leave it standard??!!

Offline Laverda SF

« Reply #3500 on: October 03, 2020, 19:26 »
You two should get a room

Best laugh I had in a long time - but don't blame me for instigating it ;o)
North Shore Lake Huron, Ontario Canada, home town Capreol just north of Sudbury Ontario. Presently living in Spanish.

I cannot list the motorcycles I've worked on or ridden - Just too many.

The thing is: I loved to race and I'm still alive. Gotta say that 70 SFO 750 Breganzie is a racer.

Offline cbertozz

« Reply #3501 on: October 04, 2020, 08:10 »
Today’s low impact jobs: replacing the worn handgrips and replacing the horn that now resides somewhere at the side of the Putty road. Luckily I kept the ‘high’ tone one so that’s now firmly installed. (Something else to check periodically).

1978 Laverda Jota #6041
First owned in 1991, reacquired 2016.

Offline Paul Marx

« Reply #3502 on: October 04, 2020, 09:33 »
Lockwire the horns

Paul

Offline cbertozz

« Reply #3503 on: October 04, 2020, 09:42 »
Lockwire the horns

Paul

Good call. Will do.
1978 Laverda Jota #6041

Offline cbertozz

« Reply #3504 on: October 05, 2020, 00:49 »

Lazy 70km loop for coffee in Stanwell. Shortly after I took this photograph I can across a P plate who’d lost it on the first of the tight left handers and was picking himself up having wedged the bike under the armco. He was mostly ok, had to be quite foreceful to stop him wandering around in the rode on the bend, clearly in shock and adrenaline meant he couldn’t feel his injuries, his wrist likely fractured. Cyclists who were right there when he crashed called an ambulance while we dragged his bike out and got it out of that danger spot so other riders didn’t fixate on it.  Left him with another rider waiting for ambo. Nothing else to do really. 

« Last Edit: October 05, 2020, 00:54 by cbertozz »
1978 Laverda Jota #6041

Offline psg

• Calgary, Alberta
« Reply #3505 on: October 05, 2020, 01:05 »
For us non Aussies, what's a P plate ? Learner?
Cheers.
Stu
Laverda 1200 (Mirage spec), Triumph T100R, BMW HP2S, Aprilia Tuono 1100V4 RR, John Deere X739

Offline cbertozz

« Reply #3506 on: October 05, 2020, 01:17 »
For us non Aussies, what's a P plate ? Learner?
Cheers.
Stu

Ye sorry, he was on red Ps passed test but only recently (first 6 months).
1978 Laverda Jota #6041

Offline psg

• Calgary, Alberta
« Reply #3507 on: October 05, 2020, 01:26 »
 (bigthumb)
Laverda 1200 (Mirage spec), Triumph T100R, BMW HP2S, Aprilia Tuono 1100V4 RR, John Deere X739

Offline Vince

« Reply #3508 on: October 05, 2020, 01:59 »
I stuck the same thing on the resent Putty ride, also a Red P player. Its good to see some young people still interested in riding, not so good when they crash though. I did a First Aid course when I was in the Scouts mega years ago, but arriving at an accident scene is way different to doing a course. One major difference is knowing when to back off when the injured party insists on getting up and wondering about, you cannot very well put them in a headlock so I guess stopping them getting run over it about all you can do. I don't carry a First Aid kit, there is not much in the way of gear other than bandages to control bleeding in them anyway. One thing that happened with that Putty crash was the woman who crashed was wearing tight leggings and here knee was swelling up so they needed a knife to cut them away to see what was happening. Thats something I will add to my tankbag, a Muiltitool for that kind of thing.

Offline cbertozz

« Reply #3509 on: October 05, 2020, 02:07 »
I stuck the same thing on the resent Putty ride, also a Red P player. Its good to see some young people still interested in riding, not so good when they crash though. I did a First Aid course when I was in the Scouts mega years ago, but arriving at an accident scene is way different to doing a course. One major difference is knowing when to back off when the injured party insists on getting up and wondering about, you cannot very well put them in a headlock so I guess stopping them getting run over it about all you can do. I don't carry a First Aid kit, there is not much in the way of gear other than bandages to control bleeding in them anyway. One thing that happened with that Putty crash was the woman who crashed was wearing tight leggings and here knee was swelling up so they needed a knife to cut them away to see what was happening. Thats something I will add to my tankbag, a Muiltitool for that kind of thing.

Ye just trying to keep him out of the path of oncoming traffic, especially bikes still barrelling through in both directions.
1978 Laverda Jota #6041