Author Topic: Laverda Jota Ownership, second time around. (ramblings)  (Read 354359 times)

Offline cbertozz

Re: Laverda Jota Ownership, second time around. (ramblings)
« Reply #3435 on: September 21, 2020, 14:08 »
I bought this lot from a mob in UK I havenít used before so letís hope itís legit.
https://www.mdinaitalia.co.uk/

https://www.mdinaitalia.co.uk/Cav1.html

I bought previously from
Bevelheaven and although Steveís service is great the price and shipping was a lot higher.
1978 Laverda Jota #6041
First owned in 1991, reacquired 2016.

Offline Is2

« Reply #3436 on: September 21, 2020, 23:13 »
I bought this lot from a mob in UK I havenít used before so letís hope itís legit.

https://www.mdinaitalia.co.uk/Cav1.html

I bought previously from
Bevelheaven and although Steveís service is great the price and shipping was a lot higher.

I have bought quite a bit of gear from this mob, including their fuel hose which has been on my Jota for a couple of years now, and yes it goes hard eventually and changes colour over time like the rest of them. Over all I'm happy with the product and would use it again.

Offline cbertozz

« Reply #3437 on: September 21, 2020, 23:41 »
I have bought quite a bit of gear from this mob, including their fuel hose which has been on my Jota for a couple of years now, and yes it goes hard eventually and changes colour over time like the rest of them. Over all I'm happy with the product and would use it again.

Good to hear. Even the stuff from Bevelheaven discolours, I think our fuel is to blame, but it's remained fairly malleable but I replace it every year or two.
1978 Laverda Jota #6041

Offline cbertozz

« Reply #3438 on: September 22, 2020, 01:01 »
Ridiculous quote for tidying up the bodywork and painting the bike today. Might just end up getting the steel tank done to match the orange of the tail and leave it at that - might take you up on that offer TC, wont cost me in time or petrol what he was asking! Have arranged with Handycraft fibreglass to look at what they can do with the tail and making a new one. Their prices are pretty good.
1978 Laverda Jota #6041

Offline Legs

« Reply #3439 on: September 22, 2020, 03:12 »
 (hiding)  :laugh:  (bolt)

Offline cbertozz

« Reply #3440 on: September 22, 2020, 07:49 »
New LH brake disc arrived from Metal Gear today - not bad seeing I only ordered on the weekend. I didnít cheap out, some other fuckers bought all of the RH ones  :laugh:

So nice to have a bike that stops without a comedy pogo act at every set of lights. Might make riding to the Rydalmere wastelands easier.

Bring on more spring riding!
« Last Edit: September 22, 2020, 08:22 by cbertozz »
1978 Laverda Jota #6041

Offline Ventodue

« Reply #3441 on: September 22, 2020, 09:23 »

That "mob" is Andrew and Christine Jones, well-known to us UK Ducrappi owners.  They bought the company off John Fallon several years back now, when John decided to concentrate on selling bikes - John is 'Made in Italy Motorcycles'.

You'll have no problems with them.

Offline cbertozz

« Reply #3442 on: September 22, 2020, 10:03 »
That "mob" is Andrew and Christine Jones, well-known to us UK Ducrappi owners.  They bought the company off John Fallon several years back now, when John decided to concentrate on selling bikes - John is 'Made in Italy Motorcycles'.

You'll have no problems with them.

Good to hear. Mob is a term of endearment!
1978 Laverda Jota #6041

Offline Dellortoman

• My wolf mate 6/5/1996 - 3/1/2011
« Reply #3443 on: September 23, 2020, 04:32 »
New LH brake disc arrived from Metal Gear today - not bad seeing I only ordered on the weekend.

I'm a satisfied customer of Metal Gear too. They're a good bunch to deal with. Their prices are reasonable, and they get the stuff to you very quickly.
I ordered a rear sprocket for my Benelli triple on Friday last week. It arrived on Monday and I put it on the bike yesterday (Tuesday). It's a nice looking sprocket, very well finished with large holes in it to lighten it. Looked too nice to put on the bike.

I've bought disks from them in the past. Same story - quality product at a reasonable price and fast delivery.

Offline motoddrob

« Reply #3444 on: September 23, 2020, 04:38 »
Got Metalgear discs on the GSXR1100 rims fitted to the Motodd. Several years so far so good.
Motodd 1200, SFC750

Offline cbertozz

« Reply #3445 on: September 23, 2020, 07:21 »
Called them today, turns out their website is wrong and they do have lots of RHS so one winging its way to me now!

Will the magician helped get the bike running cleanly and pulling like a train today and hopefully no longer fouling plugs! He changed the jets which were originally set up for racing and tweaked the ignitech mapping. Result - amazing!
1978 Laverda Jota #6041

Offline martymoose

« Reply #3446 on: September 23, 2020, 11:12 »
Glad its all sorted, no excusses now for hiding down the back of the pack!
Cheers from sunny Sydney

Offline cbertozz

« Reply #3447 on: September 23, 2020, 12:18 »
Glad its all sorted, no excusses now for hiding down the back of the pack!
still be at the back, until Iím not
1978 Laverda Jota #6041

Offline Piranha Brother 2

• It was once a 1973 750 SF1
« Reply #3448 on: September 24, 2020, 01:41 »
He changed the jets which were originally set up for racing and tweaked the ignitech mapping. Result - amazing!

I don't understand?? Why would jets set up for racing not function on the road? Haven't you been blasting all over the countryside on your fab Jota since you headed east - with no mention of crap running? Nevertheless, excellent to hear that the lads have got the beast purring. Just curios ....
What ... leave it standard??!!

Offline cbertozz

« Reply #3449 on: September 24, 2020, 05:41 »
I don't understand?? Why would jets set up for racing not function on the road? Haven't you been blasting all over the countryside on your fab Jota since you headed east - with no mention of crap running? Nevertheless, excellent to hear that the lads have got the beast purring. Just curios ....

The issue was the bike not pulling through 5500rpm, we realised was more to do with the fact that we'd changed the timing and not updated the map accordingly which Will very kindly fixed.

The bike was running very rich though, and this is the reason apparently. What would I know  :laugh:

1978 Laverda Jota #6041