Author Topic: Jota side panel & paint codes  (Read 4993 times)

Offline Dellortoman

• My wolf mate 6/5/1996 - 3/1/2011
Re: Jota side panel & paint codes
« Reply #15 on: February 04, 2019, 04:23 »
The bloke at the paint shop was no help. He said Yorkshire Electrical green meant nothing to him, neither did Ford Mustang green (I really like the Mustang green). He could only look up RAL numbers or match a sample, which I didn't have with me. I did get the impression that his IQ would almost put him in the intellectual disability category though.

Grant offered to send me his side panel to match, but it seems a bit mad to post a side cover from the other side of the world and back again. I have a mate here (Aldo) with a green 3C that I can borrow a side cover from. That'll give me a reference base to start from and I can then decide whether to go for a different shade.

Davo

« Reply #16 on: February 04, 2019, 04:48 »
Attached is the paint mix code for the Ford green. It is amounts to make up a 200ml Recharge spray can but I am sure even a moron can extrapolate to whatever quantity you need.

Mind you, 1 can was enough to paint tank, side covers and ducktail. It is a basecoat and designed to have 2 pack clear over the top.

Offline Dellortoman

• My wolf mate 6/5/1996 - 3/1/2011
« Reply #17 on: February 04, 2019, 21:48 »
Thanks Davo. I reckon the bloke I spoke to in the car paint shop would have trouble with that recipe because the constituent colours are in German or some related language. Mind you, I reckon that bloke would have trouble operating a zip. There are a couple of other guys that work there. I'll talk to someone who has a few more neurone connections.

Offline chrisk

• I'd like to write something here: SOMETHING
« Reply #18 on: February 05, 2019, 03:19 »
 :o Cum amount on Ford green seems out of proportion. The average male expels 10cc per blow, about 10 grams. 
The initial attraction to motorcycling inflicts people for various reasons and at different stages in their lives. But once someone experiences the elation of riding a motorcycle theres no denying the nearly spiritual effect it has.

Davo

« Reply #19 on: February 05, 2019, 12:14 »
:o Cum amount on Ford green seems out of proportion. The average male expels 10cc per blow, about 10 grams.

Sometimes I wonder, and sometimes I just give up and shake my head. This occasion is of the latter.  ???

Offline Greg Parish

• DAM Classic Racing
« Reply #20 on: February 08, 2019, 06:21 »
If you are in Europe, or indeed the UK, badges are also available from Peirro Laverda at Laverda Corse  info@laverdacorse.it . At least they used to be, and were cheaper than Badge Replicas.
We have badges in stock https://damclassicracing.com.au/categories/badges-decals-stickers.html
Made in Italy, original lightweight alloy, without the casting shrinkage problem of some replicas