Author Topic: Laverda Volunteers and NALOC members  (Read 23359 times)

Offline Grant

Re: Laverda Volunteers and NALOC members
« Reply #30 on: December 12, 2014, 07:53 »
You better buy some more then Clay...  ;D ;D ;D
www.clublaverda.com
Check out the daily blog

Offline IAG

• Chicago
« Reply #31 on: December 12, 2014, 10:21 »
I'm in Chicago, send me the club starter kit and please include the orange fez! Regarding Leno-if he owns a Laverda consider sending him a comp membership #001-give him a reason to promote the brand.
1976 3CL#5148 
American Eagle #1650
1984 RGS Executive #10 (#2320)

Offline spaynenda

• My best profile...
« Reply #32 on: December 12, 2014, 14:18 »
I was in Leno's garage six years ago on a group tour...I saw no Laverda then. But I showed my Jarama at the French & Italian Car & Bike meet in L A back in 2000, and he stopped by to inquire about it. He asked several intelligent questions, displaying genuine interest, so who knows what he might have done in the interim.
Ciao,

Sheldon

Offline Scrumpy

• The Big Apple
« Reply #33 on: December 14, 2014, 21:40 »
Seems like there are a few Zane owners in the US on the Yahoo Zanelist.   

Offline Tiziano

« Reply #34 on: December 15, 2014, 01:58 »
Here is a dedicated NALOC Board hosted courtesy of Paul LeClair.

Count me in!

Offline '71 SF

« Reply #35 on: December 15, 2014, 16:45 »
You better buy some more then Clay...  ;D ;D ;D
You never know Grant 8)

Have we made any progress yet on getting it all started?

Clay
« Last Edit: December 15, 2014, 16:47 by '71 SF »

Offline Eurocycleguy

« Reply #36 on: December 29, 2014, 17:35 »
I am interested; located west of Chicago.
Larry
Larry Pepper
You buy a Ducati when you want to be somebody. You buy a Laverda when you are somebody.
'17 BMW F800GSA
'16 BMW K1300S motosport
'12 BMW K1600GTL "the Goldwing"
'74 LAVERDA 750GT #15517
'72 LAVERDA 750SF #8698 rolling frame
'67 SEARS 106SS "THE bike I learned to ride on."
Chicago

Offline bobkandren

« Reply #37 on: January 17, 2015, 23:49 »
Hi Folks,    Well, I guess it's finally time I took Bob Pauley's advice, got onto Paul's forum, and waded into the NALOC thread.  I've read through the postings to date and at least, no one's taken my name in vain to date.  I am having trouble figuring out who's who as nobody uses a real name???  I know Sheldon pretty well (and his Jarama) and I think that Rusty Spokes is Bob Pauley, but after that, I've got no idea who people are.  Also what's the meaning of "hero member", Sr member, Jr member, full member, etc???
     Since the 2008 Rally, at Mid-Ohio, my Laverda activities (at least in N America) have been pretty limited.  That Rally really did me in - major league burn-out.  Not that I didn't have a wonderful time and very happy to have done it.  As Paul has mentioned, given the size of this continent, it's very difficult to get a big group of Laverda owners together, especially with their bikes.  The last e-newsletter I put out was the one that followed that 2008 Rally.  It takes a fair amount of work to put together a newsletter and it was going out to less than 100 people, so...........
     I like Bob's idea of having some type of Laverda gathering at October's Barber thingee and would encourage him to go forward with that.  I haven't gone there in a couple of years but would make it a point to attend.  I can bring various Laverda paraphernalia with me.  I'll provide Bob with the somewhat aged membership list to work off of.
    As far as my own Laverda activities over the past few years,  I've been over to Europe for a couple of trips with Cor Dees and a bunch of his Dutch Laverda friends.  One was over to the Isle of Mann (Manx GP), my first trip there and one was to Italy to ride in the Dolomites (and to the IMOLA Mostra Scambia).  They were a very nice bunch of guys and like to ride too fast for me (but I survived).  For the Isle trip, I borrowed Cor's RGA and in Italy , I borrowed Piero's Montjuic .  On other trips to Italy with my wife, we've stopped by to visit Piero and family, always gracious hosts.
     Laverda bikewise, a couple of years ago, with a friends help, we finished the restoration of a series one Montjuic,  Shortly after that was completed, as I was roaring up the highway near home here in CA, the balance shaft outrigger bearing seized, locking up the engine.  That was pretty exciting and resulted in a complete engine rebuild.  But it's OK now and was featured a few issues ago in an article on Laverda 500s in Motorcycle Classics together with two of friend John England's 500s.  I've also got my eye on another 500 (Zeta) that may be available for sale back east. 
     Various bikes continue to follow me home, hoping to be restored, and the current west coast project is a '73 Ducati 750GT while in Rhode Island, it's a BMW R75/5 toaster tank.  My loyalties are somewhat fickle; just took delivery of a new Indian Scout.  If it's got 2 wheels and a motor, I tend to like it.           Bob Andren

Offline IAG

• Chicago
« Reply #38 on: January 18, 2015, 06:37 »
Hi Bob!  What are your thoughts for resurrecting NALOC and allowing usage of the name?
Great to have you here,
         Bob Colbert
« Last Edit: January 18, 2015, 06:57 by IAG »
1976 3CL#5148 
American Eagle #1650
1984 RGS Executive #10 (#2320)

Offline Shamrock

« Reply #39 on: January 21, 2015, 21:53 »
Hi Bob- Welcome!  That's a very cool story sounds like you've been quite busy.

Phil

Offline '71 SF

« Reply #40 on: February 18, 2015, 08:22 »
Bob, great to hear that things are going good and that you are still riding. While the numbers in the US may not be that of the EU or AU/NZ they are climbing as people show up more now through the internet than before, so that's a good thing. Like you, I don't think anyone wants to be the sole life of the club doing all the leg work, a major undertaking to say the least but for one person you know too well how it ends up. This new endeavor should be able to make it with the help of everyone, so we'll see. Now we just need to start getting organized and moving forward.

cheers

Clay

Offline angonemoto

« Reply #41 on: March 22, 2015, 13:34 »
I'm interested. West side of Chicago.
angonemoto | 68 American Eagle 750 1401 | 74 750 SF2 16441 | 77 JARAMA 3CL 5906 | 78 R100 RS | 04 GAS GAS EC 300 | 84 KX125
We really should have a better President, right?

Offline helicopterjim

• No shit, there I was - and the crack was 90!
« Reply #42 on: April 27, 2015, 03:44 »
Here (NW Washington State).

..... and I'm just north of the border near Chilliwack.

Nice to meet you at the show and shine today! Love your bikes!
74 SFC
72 SF
74 3C
75 3C
79 (81) Formula Mirage 1200
Various Ducati's, Guzzi's, Puch's ... a BSA Sloper and maybe even an R90
I don't have a 1977 Honda XL 175 but I do have a Chang Jiang CJ750 with a sidecar.

Chilliwack, British Columbia

Offline Shamrock

« Reply #43 on: May 19, 2015, 17:13 »
Jim, Looks like restoring the NALOC is dead in the water.   

We should return to our original discussion regarding starting a new group.

Phil

Offline Rusty Spokes

« Reply #44 on: May 20, 2015, 17:12 »
The only thing the NALOC needs if a couple of folks to take charge. The infrastructure is there. Bob A. will help as well as myself..but I don't have the time to do it..nor Bob A. too. We have the attendance list with emails and phone numbers from the Rally in July 2008.

Who wants to be President?