Author Topic: Weather where you are?  (Read 630455 times)

Offline Paul LeClair

• Administrator
  • the older I get, the faster a rider I used to be
Weather where you are?
« on: January 22, 2013, 17:46 »
-32 C temp, Windchill - 41C..... Dog's piss froze before it hit the snow bank. Only Laverda activity is the battery charger keeping the battery from going dead and freezing.

Hi Henry

It is a balmy - 10 C here in Calgary, I have a friend from Winnipeg coming to spend the weekend, he says it will be just as good coming to Calgary's "warm" weather as going somewhere tropical...... ;)

Paul LeClair
Paul LeClair
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
79 1200 Mirage, 82 1200 Mirage, 84 RGS Executive, and various non Laverda's

Reggie3cl

Weather where you are?
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2013, 20:18 »
2 degrees with a hint of brightness today.  A very light dusting of snow on the ground, not too bad really.

Offline Grant

Weather where you are?
« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2013, 20:26 »
Did you say something there Reggie?
I got distracted somehow...   :o :o  :-*
www.clublaverda.com
Check out the daily blog

Offline henry

• bottom left hand corner of germany
Weather where you are?
« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2013, 21:08 »
No, they aren't, Henry, and we all have a vested interest, but some people seem to have lost track a bit. Or do you really think the oxygen in the air you are breathing is bubbling up from deep sea (plants in the oceans have a good part in it though) or flows in from outer space ? Not to talk about the gazoline burned in our bikes. Italian writer Primo Levi named the plants "our silent sisters" in one of his books. If trees called a pest than it's a man-made disease.

i believe weeds also breathe out oxygen having breathed in carbon dioxide - if you want to make a plant happy, breathe out! i don't think it matters what kind of plant it is, they all convert co2 to oxygen, so grass is good!

invasive species of plant are a problem virtually everywhere they go especially if they thrive. they usurp the space occupied by the indigenous plant/tree life and this affects fauna, too. eucalyptus, prickly pear, khakibos, cosmos - all a problem in south africa. eucalyptus needs to be removed and indigenous trees planted. spain has very little forest because phillip II had it all cut down to build the armada and never replanted. exactly the same thing is happening in africa because of a burgeoning population needing firewood to cook.

Offline Dellortoman

• My wolf mate 6/5/1996 - 3/1/2011
Weather where you are?
« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2013, 08:37 »
Nice day here today. Very balmy and warm. Here's a video taken from my front door this evening (you can hear my cat meowing in the background). My local yacht club has a twilight race every Wednesday evening. Sometimes I sail with them, sometimes I just watch from home. Obviously I was a spectator tonight.

Cheers,
Cam
« Last Edit: January 23, 2013, 08:39 by Dellortoman »

Offline chrisk

• I'd like to write something here: SOMETHING
Weather where you are?
« Reply #5 on: January 23, 2013, 08:40 »
Did you say something there Reggie?
I got distracted somehow...   :o :o  :-*

Although I'm not a tit man ....... B'jesus........ me too!
The initial attraction to motorcycling inflicts people for various reasons and at different stages in their lives. But once someone experiences the elation of riding a motorcycle there’s no denying the nearly spiritual effect it has.

Offline drikko

• Brisvegas
Weather where you are?
« Reply #6 on: January 23, 2013, 08:51 »
Do the occasional WAGS race myself Cam, you can tell it's a WAGS race as they've got their jibs batwinged rather than spinnakers which aren't allowed as they are too much like hard work for a weekday. For the non yachties WAGS = Wednesday Afternoon Gentleman's Sail, in reality it's an excuse to go sailing after work and drink a shedload of piss  ;D ;D
Rgs1000 '83
Weestrom
Triumph Sprint ST1050
Cosi prefers crow eaters....
Breville Sandwich Maker

DISCLAIMER:- Anything I say may have been when I was sober so please don't take it personally.
'Bigamy is having one wife/husband too many. Monogamy is the same.' Oscar Wilde

Offline Dellortoman

Weather where you are?
« Reply #7 on: January 23, 2013, 09:02 »
Drikko, you obviously have fruit bats in your area. We don't have them in Tassie, but we have geese, so we call it goose-winged.

You're quite right though - no spinnakers allowed in these races.

Races start at 6pm and finish by 8pm. The sun is still shining in these southern latitudes at that time in summer (daylight saving time)

Cheers,
Cam
« Last Edit: January 23, 2013, 09:12 by Dellortoman »

Reggie3cl

Weather where you are?
« Reply #8 on: January 23, 2013, 09:12 »
Although I'm not a tit man ....... B'jesus........ me too!

Figured she'd find some love downunder... :P

Offline chrisk

Weather where you are?
« Reply #9 on: January 23, 2013, 09:17 »
Reggie, any arse shots?
The initial attraction to motorcycling inflicts people for various reasons and at different stages in their lives. But once someone experiences the elation of riding a motorcycle there’s no denying the nearly spiritual effect it has.

Reggie3cl

Weather where you are?
« Reply #10 on: January 23, 2013, 09:21 »
No, will this shot of Rachel Riley do?

Offline chrisk

Weather where you are?
« Reply #11 on: January 23, 2013, 09:24 »
Mmm, you know what I like, for now it's all good! Slightly Williams sisters, but good all the same.

Offline Dellortoman

Weather where you are?
« Reply #12 on: January 23, 2013, 09:37 »
I used to have a girlfriend with an arse like that. She hated it. She used to say she had a hottentot arse. I didn't hate it at all  :P

In case you're wondering, google "hottentot" and click on images

Offline sonicboom500

Weather where you are?
« Reply #13 on: January 23, 2013, 15:46 »
Chipping ice off the windscreen of soft-roader this morning to crunch my way out of street round snow heaps the
Council diggers had left.
Drove 12 miles to work and found dry pavements and weak sunshine, no trace of snow in Edinburgh.

I think hourly updates from Reggie would be a positive addition as Invernesian weather is quite captivating.

lemonjelly

Weather where you are?
« Reply #14 on: January 23, 2013, 16:07 »
Plenty of snow today in Devon.Schools closed.

LJ