Poll

If you wanted to be righteous which would be your ride?

Jaws
12 (14.5%)
Shark Fin
4 (4.8%)
Hand Job
9 (10.8%)
Lazy Boy
21 (25.3%)
Knuckle Dragger
2 (2.4%)
Pink Flamingo
13 (15.7%)
Neanderthal
3 (3.6%)
Indian Queen
2 (2.4%)
Spaced Out
3 (3.6%)
Last Century
1 (1.2%)
Springer
1 (1.2%)
Swinger
12 (14.5%)

Total Members Voted: 77

Voting closed: November 01, 2012, 21:28

Author Topic: Bike of the Month - October 2012  (Read 15870 times)

Offline redfox

• 120 again and again and again
Re: Bike of the Month - October 2012
« Reply #45 on: October 27, 2012, 01:03 »
Hi Dave and all others,
Yes, call me narrow-minded. Or even something else. In this case I shall take it as a nice compliment ;) But I never ever really liked or saw anything special or attractive about any chopper. To me they are utterly crap.
No, I really like the other efforts like spondon and many others, of designing a frame or a rolling chassis for various Laverda engines.
I know they are not popular, but I really like the Cico bikes. I like some spondon ones and so on and on. Nice bikes and rare as hens teeth. Would like to have one. The late american who build a very modern looking orange Lav. 1000 (can't remember name right now), is really nice and roadworthy attempt to improve on the matter.
And I should say I normally don't like anything american, apart from a very limited items like the original Litespeed titan bicycle road race bike frames of which I have one myself. Limitless perfection and driveability and lots of love for it. Sublime springs into mind.
I don't really always see a motorcycle as something a hooigan or a rocker should wear as a tatoo, if you catch my point. I see motorcycles and Laverda in particular as very good and nice designed motorcycles that is NOT a "1 + 1 = 2" thing, but more like the "1 + 1 = 3". That the common third is more than the sum of ingredients.

When I formed the Italian Fraction many years ago, we spoke about an idea of going downtown in wintertime and deflate the off-road motorcycles, as they should have no chance of driving when we did not. Never became a reality, naturally. But you get my point. I don't like boring motorcycles without a passion and good driving abilities. In fact I only like Laverda's in general and a few MV's.
Happy to be narrow minded in this respect.

Hope that clarifies the matter.
No choppers forme, and NEVER EVER with a great Laverda engine. EVER.
Have nothing to do with a motorcycle.
So no vote from me, but an oppinion of course ;)  ;)  ;)

Cheers,
Redfox.
« Last Edit: October 27, 2012, 01:06 by redfox »