Poll

Which is the best ad and bike combination?

Nips
43 (34.7%)
Eagle eyes, realistic hair
1 (0.8%)
Wannabeorange
6 (4.8%)
Legs on that
28 (22.6%)
All mine
20 (16.1%)
Verde
1 (0.8%)
Slick
11 (8.9%)
Behemoth
6 (4.8%)
Smokin
3 (2.4%)
Wish I was Slick
4 (3.2%)
Behemoth’s ugly brother
1 (0.8%)

Total Members Voted: 115

Voting closed: August 31, 2012, 21:10

Author Topic: Bike of the Month - August 2012  (Read 25649 times)

Offline Shajota

Re: Bike of the Month - August 2012
« Reply #45 on: August 08, 2012, 22:56 »
I thought everyone was neglecting the early triple ad -  "All Mine" with the svelte blonde but when I voted I see it has some well deserved votes.
PETER

Offline springsoft

« Reply #46 on: August 09, 2012, 00:19 »
Dunno about Pirelli Phantoms......spit you off as soon as look at you, with no warning.
My last big track prang was on Phantoms.........exiting corner, on the gas, slide, slide, slide, sudden unexpected grip, high side, ouch, trailer home, lotsa dollars doing repairs.............wish I still had that blue and white GS1000S
People understand me so little that they do not even understand when I complain of being misunderstood.
Søren Kierkegaard ,  Journals Feb. 1836

Terry Dymond

« Reply #47 on: August 09, 2012, 02:29 »
Back in the day, you weren' t taken seiously up at the Mt White cafe if you didn't have silver dots front and back (them were the days but you try to tell these young people....)

Offline peter

« Reply #48 on: August 09, 2012, 11:08 »
hey terry
i was one of them guys, that was the hunting ground of the ORSS the Italian Battalion mate we used to prowl, or hunt for prey between the old Moonee Moonee bridge and Cowan every weekend that was before the new Mnt White to Gosford section opened up the sound of those Jota and Conti pipes against the sandstone walls twas sheer ambrosia. And you are dead!! right if you didn't have silver dot phantoms on you weren't serious,
  Great road,
  Great memories
  VIVA LAVERDA !!!

Offline triton

« Reply #49 on: August 09, 2012, 21:56 »
All Mine ;D

Blond girls wearing 26inch stay pressed action slacks always do it for me :P

Dave

Terry Dymond

« Reply #50 on: August 09, 2012, 23:23 »
G'day Peter,
Always used to have a little peek at the tyres when somebody rocked up at the cafe, soon sussed out the poseurs and hard chargers. Ayoung bloke turned up one day on a Vincent Black Shadow (inhereted from his dad), his silver dots were seroiusly shredded. Respect!

Terry

Offline springsoft

« Reply #51 on: August 09, 2012, 23:51 »
G'day Peter,
Always used to have a little peek at the tyres when somebody rocked up at the cafe, soon sussed out the poseurs and hard chargers. Ayoung bloke turned up one day on a Vincent Black Shadow (inhereted from his dad), his silver dots were seroiusly shredded. Respect!

More chicken strip on his tyres these days, I'll warrant......
And the blokes of my vintage (late 50s) who do still shred also seem to spend more time repairing and recuperating.
Only shredding I do these days is on the '92 Gibson Les Paul Custom, and even then the arthritis inhibits.
People understand me so little that they do not even understand when I complain of being misunderstood.

Terry Dymond

« Reply #52 on: August 10, 2012, 00:00 »
G'day Springy, how's the RGS going? Up for a ride with Ian and the yellow peril in the near future?

Terry

Offline springsoft

« Reply #53 on: August 12, 2012, 10:15 »
RGS is unregistered pending Marty pulling his finger out and doing the transfer from Qld plates.  When he pulls that finger out, they will hear the pop in Port Augusta.......(that's a few hundred kilometres away for non-South Aussies)
To be fair, he's been OS again - motorcycling around Texas and Lousiana and Tennesee with our friend and internationally renowned IVF guru - so not been in Adelaide much to do anything meaningful.  Battery is still topped up and it's still starting OK.

Always up for a ride but will have to be the Bandit.  Guzzi rebuild still creeping along.
Would the Ian be Ian De Laine by any chance??  Owns a nice Jota - sadly one of those common as muck orange ones.....   :)  Also a Norton guy if my recollection of my last discussion with him in early 2011 serves me correctly.

Looks like my IOM trip for 2013 is off the burner due to work issues.
BTW Marty and I are minor sponsors of Italian Manuel Lucchese's 2013 Dakar entry after we met him there in January.  Does the traditional rider/mechanic privateer entry.
Will post some info in the general discussion thread when I get a chance.
Manuel is doing the Australasian Safari later this year in WA.

Offline kb_sf1

« Reply #54 on: August 25, 2012, 11:35 »
Got to go with the obvious and vote for teh 750 as well :P

Offline Cosi

« Reply #55 on: September 01, 2012, 23:49 »
Well looks like more people like tits than legs
Hastings Point 2489 Australia

Offline drikko

• Brisvegas
« Reply #56 on: September 01, 2012, 23:58 »
Don't be silly Cosi, surely people were judging the bikes, not the accessories... ;D ;D ;D
Rgs1000 '83
Weestrom
Triumph Sprint ST1050
Cosi prefers crow eaters....
Breville Sandwich Maker

DISCLAIMER:- Anything I say may have been when I was sober so please don't take it personally.
'Bigamy is having one wife/husband too many. Monogamy is the same.' Oscar Wilde