Author Topic: Critters in the shed  (Read 58964 times)

Offline sonicboom500

Re: Critters in the shed
« Reply #285 on: August 22, 2017, 10:39 »
Pirelli Froglet less successful than the more widely available Pirelli Scorpion  :D

Offline chrisk

• I'd like to write something here: SOMETHING
« Reply #286 on: August 24, 2017, 20:43 »
We camped at Somerset, East point of Cape York ........ a morning walk along the beach, not 50 metres away from our camp site,  there were crock tracks up into the mulga and back to the salt water  :o

A torch that night into the water reflected more red eyes than QANTAS.

Threw in crab pot and got one sand crab, chucked the whole lot back, checked in the morning....... crocks had smashed it.

Eating oysters off the rocks was great, but had on eye on the rocks and the other out for crocks.
The initial attraction to motorcycling inflicts people for various reasons and at different stages in their lives. But once someone experiences the elation of riding a motorcycle there’s no denying the nearly spiritual effect it has.

Offline 3C-Wayne

« Reply #287 on: November 20, 2017, 22:54 »
Saw these 5 Turkeys seeking sanctuary in our yard yesterday. With Thanksgiving only a few days away, lucky for them we've got their 29 pound cousin waiting in the fridge. Maybe that's who they're looking for.... :P
1974 Laverda 3C

NJ USA

Offline rowdypat

« Reply #288 on: December 13, 2017, 09:11 »
King Parrots are big this year......

Offline Dellortoman

• My wolf mate 6/5/1996 - 3/1/2011
« Reply #289 on: January 15, 2018, 01:31 »
Not so much critters in the shed, but ants on my phone.

I've occasionally noticed an ant or two on my mobile phone (iPhone) when I've left it lying around. I thought it was just random ants wandering about.

However, I've had a few more ants than usual getting into the house lately. Last night I left the phone on a window sill. When I went to pick it up this morning it had ants all over it. They weren't on anything else, so it was clearly the phone they were interested in. The phone was clean (no honey or jam fingerprints) so it seems they were attracted to the phone itself. Very strange. Perhaps they're picking up some kind of electromagnetic signal.

I would have taken a photo, but the camera is in the phone and I didn't have another camera handy.

Online AJ

« Reply #290 on: January 15, 2018, 03:11 »
Not so much critters in the shed, but ants on my phone.

I've occasionally noticed an ant or two on my mobile phone (iPhone) when I've left it lying around. I thought it was just random ants wandering about.

However, I've had a few more ants than usual getting into the house lately. Last night I left the phone on a window sill. When I went to pick it up this morning it had ants all over it. They weren't on anything else, so it was clearly the phone they were interested in. The phone was clean (no honey or jam fingerprints) so it seems they were attracted to the phone itself. Very strange. Perhaps they're picking up some kind of electromagnetic signal.

I would have taken a photo, but the camera is in the phone and I didn't have another camera handy.
You better check your phone bill and data usage!
30th Anniversary 1200
750S Guiliano

Offline drikko

• Brisvegas
« Reply #291 on: January 15, 2018, 03:27 »
Should have bought an antroid....
Rgs1000 '83
Triumph Sprint ST1050
Cosi prefers crow eaters....
Breville Sandwich Maker

DISCLAIMER:- Anything I say may have been when I was sober so please don't take it personally.
'Bigamy is having one wife/husband too many. Monogamy is the same.' Oscar Wilde

Offline Legs

« Reply #292 on: January 15, 2018, 03:35 »
 :laugh: :laugh:
Yellow Peril RGS
Ducati Monster 695
Yamaha 175 Ag Bike

Offline chrisk

• I'd like to write something here: SOMETHING
« Reply #293 on: January 15, 2018, 06:27 »
You better check your phone bill and data usage!

Yep, cause they are always going to youtube and listening to:
The initial attraction to motorcycling inflicts people for various reasons and at different stages in their lives. But once someone experiences the elation of riding a motorcycle there’s no denying the nearly spiritual effect it has.

Offline Dellortoman

• My wolf mate 6/5/1996 - 3/1/2011
« Reply #294 on: November 09, 2018, 01:48 »
Not in the shed but just outside it.

Magpies are inquisitive birds, and quite bold if they think you might have something for them. They were taking food from my hand. Now that they know I'll feed them they follow me around. The scruffy looking one is a youngster just starting to shed his juvenile plumage. The adults have a nice warbling song but the young one hasn't learned the tune yet. He just does random squeaks.

I was giving them worms from the compost and rolled oats. They'll take bread but it's not particularly good for them. Cat food is supposed to be OK but they weren't interested in it.

Offline Laverda SF

« Reply #295 on: November 09, 2018, 05:32 »
Back in the day, I had a few Family's of Flying Squirrels, Raccoons (Pesky Devils),Skunks, Porky Pines, Wolves, Otters, Weasels, Bob Cats, Foxes, Bears, Deer, Moose, Ravens, Owls, Falcons, Mocking Birds, Ducks visit me regularly and of course a lot of insects - LOL

As a Northern Ontarian (North of the Great Lakes) I can tell you endless stories about being among Animals in their environment.

I love Wild Life but I've witnessed the Raping of the Land and a Genocide against Wild Life - Very Sad 

There's hardly any of them left ;o(

Canada has been Raped of Natural Resources and Wild Life long before WW1 to present.

And we don't have much left to give.
« Last Edit: November 10, 2018, 01:40 by Laverda SF »