Author Topic: Redax Laverda  (Read 40597 times)

Offline markQLD

• from da cane fields
Re: Redax Laverda
« Reply #105 on: January 11, 2019, 11:34 »
The alternator is something to do with the Kuwait build at the end of SF production?
Don't know the complete story but others here would know far more than I.
This engine is #19701

Offline CLEMTOG

« Reply #106 on: January 11, 2019, 12:44 »
It has been written that the last SF3 was 19634, so it follows that the last Kuwaiti police bikes, would have higher numbers, probably ending somewhere around the 19720 region, but those Kuwaiti Police bikes had SF3 chassis numbers not GTL numbers although that is broadly what they looked like. probably none higher than about 19720, or can someone beat that? this bike falls right into that Kuwaiti police bike slot.

worth noting here that most of the SF3's, or at least at the beginning of production, had SF2 chassis numbers!

Offline CLEMTOG

« Reply #107 on: January 11, 2019, 12:45 »
Obviously this ex Kuwaiti Police bike has had some later changes, eg disc brakes
CLEM

Offline Dellortoman

• My wolf mate 6/5/1996 - 3/1/2011
« Reply #108 on: January 11, 2019, 21:16 »
Obviously this ex Kuwaiti Police bike has had some later changes, eg disc brakes
CLEM

Keep up Clem  :D

It's not a Kuwaiti police bike.  Mark's bike (Seffie) with the ex-Kuwait donk in it.

Online sfcpiet

• Administrator
  • NRW, Germany
« Reply #109 on: January 11, 2019, 22:30 »
The alternator is something to do with the Kuwait build at the end of SF production?
Don't know the complete story but others here would know far more than I.
This engine is #19701

The Kuwait bikes were not all built at the end of the run.  My GTL did duty in the Kuwait Police Force and came to Germany in its police livery, or what was left of it, frame # 17***.   My bike was a "stock" GTL and not equipped with up-rated electrics.  It was fitted with a single seat and a large rear carrier with solid struts in place of the rear shocks.  I presume it was used for display purposes, carrying 10 cops around a fairground field or some such malarky.

There were a few other GTLs in that particular haul, all with proper GT engines and drum brakes, some with alternator, up-rated electrics and bracketry for radio equipment.   There were also a couple of SF3s fitted with alternators.  I've only ever seen the GTL/SF3 hybrids on photos.

piet
180s feel quick, 120s are...      If it ain't broke, fix it till it is.

"A motorcycle is a bicycle with a pandemonium attachment and is designed for the especial use of mechanical geniuses, daredevils and lunatics"  Georg Fitch 1916