Author Topic: Middle of lidl  (Read 272 times)

Offline Patrick

Middle of lidl
« on: November 11, 2020, 13:27 »
Just picked up a couple of stainless magnetic trays from lidl. 8"x3" 2 in the box
For £2.99. Bargain
180 mirage

Offline pf1

Re: Middle of lidl
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2020, 14:11 »
This could turn into WW3  :D

Offline Patrick

« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2020, 14:13 »
Only if they're £2.98 in IKEA
180 mirage

Offline a14rgs

• Wiltshire, U.K.
« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2020, 15:19 »
I recently bought a leaf blower / vacuum from the Middle of Lidl - not only does it do what it says on the tin, the blower function is bloody handy for drying off your bike after you've washed it :D Rather like a masculine hairdryer for yer bike!

(that's assuming that you ride your bike, it gets dirty and hence you wash it....) :)
1983 RGS1000, 155000km, owned and loved since 1989 😊
1977 Jota
1977 1200

"Team BFN - an international rabble on wheels"🏍🍻👍🤣😍

Offline Patrick

« Reply #4 on: November 11, 2020, 16:23 »
I've got some decent kit, bit of snap on and halfords professional but a few years back in Lidl I bought a cheap tray of compact sockets including ratchet arm. When I opened it up it had a full set of screwdriver and bits, Allen keys and star keys and deep sockets with 1/2", 3/8" and 1/4inch drive. Think it was £15 and I probably use it more than anything else.
180 mirage

Offline Andy J

« Reply #5 on: November 11, 2020, 17:59 »
I recently bought a leaf blower / vacuum from the Middle of Lidl - not only does it do what it says on the tin, the blower function is bloody handy for drying off your bike after you've washed it :D Rather like a masculine hairdryer for yer bike!

(that's assuming that you ride your bike, it gets dirty and hence you wash it....) :)
Unfortunately we don’t have any of these bargain basement supermarkets in the IOM, but I did acquire a leaf blower from a former next door neighbour when they moved which I have never used. It hadn’t occurred to me to use it as suggested. Might well give it a go as, I am sure you know well Al, I ride all year round rain or shine.
An ‘inzane’ number of Zanes (all of which could run)
10 from Breganze (all of which can run)
Several other project bikes
1 x BMW C600 Sport Highline maxi scooter (for comfort and reliability)
1 x Benelli Tre Tornado 900 (cos it should have been the ‘new’ Jota)