Author Topic: Club Laverda NSW Putty rd brekky run Sunday 13 th September  (Read 1092 times)

Offline Vince

Re: Club Laverda NSW Putty rd brekky run Sunday 13 th September
« Reply #15 on: September 13, 2020, 09:00 »
So we did the full Putty loop, the morning was fine. The afternoon proved more intersting. I was tail end charlie leaving Gray Gums and heading north to the 10miles as its called. Thats 10miles of linked smooth as butter brilliant bends. Just before this bit one of the blokes riding a Guzzi pulls over and I stop 100m up the road and wait, seems one of his plug caps keeps fall off so he cable ties it on and goes. Just before we had passed a couple of P platers, new riders and they came through while I waited. So 3ks later on one of the first left hand bends the first P plater tells me later its her first time here and she panics and runs wide of the road and into a deepish gutter. 2 cars had stopped and her partner were looking after her. She is in pain, wearing leggings does do much if you land on your knee. I ask if the Ambos have been rung, no mobile reception apparently so one of the cars heads 3ks up the road to an Emergansy Phone, its none functioning so they head off to find phone reception. I hang around till its all sorted, and just long enough for 2 huge B Doubles to head through. And Yep I followed these blokes the whole was to the Broke Vineyards 30ks of great road completely stuffed.About then an Advanced Paramedic car passes me heading to the P plater. So about 40 minutes later we are leaving Lagoona after lunch and I suddenly lose 20mm of cluch at the leaver. I had looked at the nippal the day before and there was no damage, and then I noticed well away from the nippal down at the outer feral there is a twisted wire strand. So I am 100ks from home with the cable about to snap. I had a spare but swopping it with a hot engine was not my first choice. So I went into survival mod and did as mainy clutchless shifts as possible, managed to get through the traffic at Hornsy with minimum clutching and finaly home.One intersting days ride.

Online martymoose

« Reply #16 on: September 13, 2020, 09:02 »
Someone snapped me on the putty, nice backdrop
Cheers from sunny Sydney

Online Brett

« Reply #17 on: September 13, 2020, 09:30 »
So controversy at the start it seems there was some miss communication about the starting times. Anyway another good roll up and good to see Charlie join us albeit on this Guzzi but well thats how it goes.. .he also brang  greetings for the mysterious Yogi .. yes he exits just doesnt show his dial much these days  :o
Anyways Sascha caught up with us at the Ferry and as he is such a great bloke decided to give Tom something to do to keep himself busy during the week. We stopped to sort it or jerry rig it anyways whilst the others went on. We are doing a nice speed when some Ducrappy's sailed past so couldn't have that now could we so that picked up the pace.
When we got to Grey Gums noticed we were missing Neil hmm seems that good ole Club Laverda no one noticed.. all good he got home safely.
After Grey Gums some fun we had on the Putty... then at Lunch stop I ran out of Neurophen so elected to leave early.
Valid point I know Tom that you had some for me but I just wanted to get home so followed Charlie on his Lemans until he peeled off. Timed it to perfection just rolled in as the rain started to fall.
Oh and then Habib the ever vigilant picked up on a news feed some pictures of some of us on the Putty.
Great Day oh and Carlo even managed to park next to a bike that leaked more oil than his... oh and he also managed to do some lightening of it on the way... a horn departed company with it.. now all we need do is fix that bloody rear search light he has... oh and wish him and Vince would get together and sort out their suspensions ....

Top day enjoy the pic's

« Last Edit: September 13, 2020, 09:57 by Brett »
Sitting on the fence 120 or 180 that is the question ?

Offline Woody

« Reply #18 on: September 13, 2020, 10:01 »
Nice pics Brett, thanks.
Just to correct you, Pommie bikes don't leak, they just leave their mark. :laugh:

Online martymoose

« Reply #19 on: September 13, 2020, 10:55 »
Well done Brett, we where definitely blessed today, great roads, great friends.
Cheers from sunny Sydney

Offline Piranha Brother 2

• It was once a 1973 750 SF1
« Reply #20 on: September 13, 2020, 15:24 »
Looks like a load of fun from lovely lockdown Melbourne.

How is the GPS speedo going on the two-plug, Marty?
What ... leave it standard??!!

Online martymoose

« Reply #21 on: September 13, 2020, 21:44 »
Over 1100 kms now Q and still working well.
Cheers from sunny Sydney

« Reply #22 on: September 14, 2020, 06:42 »
Over 1100 kms now Q and still working well.

Good to hear - gives me confidence!   ;D

I'm in the process of designing placement for all my ancillary and electrical stuff - battery, relays, starter relay, flasher relay, fuse box, scottoiler reservoir, Ignitech box, rear master cyl res. Bit the bullet and went for a SSD hi perf Lithium battery (the sealer was that my little old 4 amp battery charger will work fine with it) - will saver me a bit of space and weight and cranks 500CCA. Speedo and instruments part and parcel with all that.

Offline The Sock

• '76 3cE, Owned from new.
« Reply #23 on: September 14, 2020, 08:45 »
Well done, Chaps!
Great to see a bunch of Laverdas out doing what they were built to do.
And beer doing what it was brewed for.
Maybe, when things have settled down a bit in the (perhaps, former) UK, we should try, here, to emulate your example.
'76 3cE, owned since new.

« Reply #24 on: September 14, 2020, 15:18 »
What's the black bike with the red frame with instruments like four shiny cans o' Sapporo? Can't make it out - but it's got about 2cm of fork travel left!

Offline TC

« Reply #25 on: September 14, 2020, 21:33 »
Thats Stu's Suzuki Bandit,Quentin, had it since new and has modified every inch of it.
Most of that will polish out...

« Reply #26 on: September 15, 2020, 01:07 »
It looks like a very funky custom beast. Just can't help looking at the front fork compression!

Offline Legs

« Reply #27 on: September 15, 2020, 01:32 »
Think it's got slider protectors fitted.