Author Topic: Jotta it down in your new calendar  (Read 1747 times)

Offline Dellortoman

• My wolf mate 6/5/1996 - 3/1/2011
Re: Jotta it down in your new calendar
« Reply #15 on: February 15, 2020, 21:43 »
I actually don't mind gravel roads on the Jota so long as there's not too much loose marble-like stuff on the surface. Good, well compacted and reasonably smooth surfaces are OK. When I was young and stupid, I used to like getting into speedway-style power slides on gravel roads. I don't feel quite so indestructible now that I'm an old fart so I take it a little easier these days.

Offline motoddrob

« Reply #16 on: February 16, 2020, 01:07 »
Must have clocked up thousands of kays on gravel over the years on my Laverdas. Much prefer to do it on my GS BM these days but living where I live I can't avoid gravel if I want to visit some of my mates. The Motodd not that bad on gravel either as long as you don't have to stop in a hurry.
Motodd 1200, SFC750

Online Vince

« Reply #17 on: February 16, 2020, 03:44 »
You just need to be relaxed. The last time we did the Bonang and that has some dirt in the middle I missed seeing the gravel rd sign. They had it mid bend and I was looking at the corner, so suddenly I was on it and there is another 35k bend approaching that I was a bit fast for. Apparently Marty was around there as well, so hard on the brakes while staying straight that resulted in a tiny front lock that required a foot dab, by then I was well on the other side of the road but was slow enough to tip into the bend. Marty got a great view of my stunningly dumb moves. It wasn't all that dramatic but it all could have been avoided by having that sign, not mid bend and me not going so fast. So as I said nice and instead in the bends and its easy. BTW after that incident, as usual, I was chasing the  GS BMWs on that dirt that comes on Snowy Rides, that's all part of the fun.

Offline martymoose

« Reply #18 on: February 16, 2020, 04:46 »
I remember you barrelling past me and Im thinking wow vince is pretty keen then you ended up the bank on the outside of the left hander. Plenty of gravel in NZ usually in the middle of a corner. CX could handle it easy as!
Cheers from sunny Sydney

Offline martymoose

« Reply #19 on: July 01, 2020, 09:43 »
Ready to update your calendar?

August 29/30 Orange Bikes in Orange
September 25-28 - 4 day run to  Murwillumbah and the Northern Rivers
October 17/18 weekend away to Temora to the Warbirds airshow. Usually a couple of spitfires in the air.
November 12-15 Annual Snowy Rally

Get your brownie points in order now! 
Cheers from sunny Sydney

Online TC

« Reply #20 on: July 01, 2020, 10:08 »
Sorted mr Moose, They all sound great, will check with the awesome one but pretty sure that will be fine ;)
will need some numbers for Orange fairly soon so as to book.
Most of that will polish out...

Online Vince

« Reply #21 on: July 01, 2020, 10:17 »
The Airshow has been postponed from 17th and 18th of October to early 2021, maybe the Museum is open but apparently no flying.

Temora is probably a bit of a boring ride, but they do have a Vampire and I always wanted to see and hear one of them fly.
« Last Edit: July 01, 2020, 10:30 by Vince »

Offline martymoose

« Reply #22 on: July 01, 2020, 11:37 »
Bummer, didnt see that on their website
Cheers from sunny Sydney