Author Topic: LED headlight globe  (Read 2365 times)

Offline Steph

• Brussels, Belgium
Re: LED headlight globe
« Reply #15 on: July 14, 2019, 14:20 »
but then I am limited in my electric knowledge

320W is most probably the traditional system equivalent
as LED bulbs usually use 50% to 75% less power.

Stéphane

Davo

« Reply #16 on: July 14, 2019, 16:53 »
The question now begs to be asked, "Why would anyone who owns a Laverda not support a local Laverda Parts dealer?".

Because he wanted $25 to mail me a tiny $9:00 sticker perhaps.

Offline Piranha Brother 2

• It was once a 1973 750 SF1
« Reply #17 on: July 15, 2019, 06:18 »
320W is most probably the traditional system equivalent
as LED bulbs usually use 50% to 75% less power.

Stéphane

I think you must be right. 320w LED would be the sun  :P . Regardless, I have always run my headlights off relays. It just makes so much more sense not to run any decent amperage through switches, switchblocks, spade connectors and all the other joints along the way.
What ... leave it standard??!!

Offline Brett

« Reply #18 on: July 15, 2019, 09:04 »

Found these Philips LEDs  -  https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2X-PHILIPS-H4-320W-LED-Headlight-Kit-Bulbs-6500K-32000LM-Bright-Hi-Lo-Lamp-Light/401654927552?hash=item5d847fd0c0:g:lJ4AAOSwEWNcbDXM

Any reason why they shouldn't do the job?

Can't believe how cheap some of these bulbs are being sold for!
Andy
Correct cheap as chips doesnt mean that they work any good. I would suggest that the fleabay link you have posted is not a Philips but rather possibly has a Philips chip well copy at least. Look where the listing is from the home of knock of electronic's... I'd err on the side of caution esp if you are racing then high rev's and vibes you dont want both bulbs lunching it half way through the night do ya.

Am sure that there are reputable LED bulb suppliers close to you who would be more than willing and able to advise you accordingly. They may or may not advertise on fleabay. ......
Sitting on the fence 120 or 180 that is the question ?

Offline Greg Parish

• DAM Classic Racing
« Reply #19 on: July 15, 2019, 14:19 »
Because he wanted $25 to mail me a tiny $9:00 sticker perhaps.

Untrue David Pearson.

Here's the transcipt of your enquiry 12/10/18:

Hey, just went to order 61953207 Decal Made in Italy Black/Silver. Cancelled when the cost of postage to Perth came up at more than $12, ie more than the sticker costs. Surely for a couple of bucks you could stick it in an envelope with a stamp and post it?
Dave

DAM Classic Racing responded:
Hello Dave,
Thank you for visiting DAM Classic Racing.

Many customers purchase Decals in conjunction with other parts and shipping is automatically calculated by country and postal code.

To read about our policy for shipping and returns please visit https://damclassicracing.com.au/shipping-returns/

At present DAM Classic Racing has 27,284 parts in stock, 3000+ part numbers in 167 Categories for you to easily access parts specific to Laverda.
New items are constantly being added such as Giovanni Laverda’s new book “Laverda 750 La Diva” https://damclassicracing.com.au/book-laverda-750-la-diva/
I look forward to including the decal free with your next order. Just be sure to make a note on the order to remind me:)

Thank you for your feedback, it all goes to helping the shop run smoothly.

Regards

Greg Parish
DAM Classic Racing
Factory 2/800 Princes Hwy
Springvale Victoria 3171
Australia

ph. +61 417 140 141
www.damclassicracing.com.au
sales@damclassicracing.com.au
« Last Edit: July 15, 2019, 14:21 by Greg Parish »

Offline Paul Marx

• Les motos de Paul
« Reply #20 on: July 15, 2019, 14:56 »
I have to point out that I bought some slide springs from Greg Parrish, paying parcel post with the internet order.

Greg managed to post letter rate and refunded me the difference.

Paul

Offline CLEMTOG

« Reply #21 on: July 15, 2019, 20:15 »
I may have bought something from Greg recently, and that would mean shipping from Aus to UK, it all must have been totally drama free as I cant even remember if I did or not.
CLEM

Davo

« Reply #22 on: July 16, 2019, 16:23 »
Untrue David Pearson.

Here's the transcipt of your enquiry 12/10/18:

Hey, just went to order 61953207 Decal Made in Italy Black/Silver. Cancelled when the cost of postage to Perth came up at more than $12, ie more than the sticker costs. Surely for a couple of bucks you could stick it in an envelope with a stamp and post it?
Dave

DAM Classic Racing responded:
Hello Dave,
Thank you for visiting DAM Classic Racing.

Many customers purchase Decals in conjunction with other parts and shipping is automatically calculated by country and postal code.

To read about our policy for shipping and returns please visit https://damclassicracing.com.au/shipping-returns/

At present DAM Classic Racing has 27,284 parts in stock, 3000+ part numbers in 167 Categories for you to easily access parts specific to Laverda.
New items are constantly being added such as Giovanni Laverda’s new book “Laverda 750 La Diva” https://damclassicracing.com.au/book-laverda-750-la-diva/
I look forward to including the decal free with your next order. Just be sure to make a note on the order to remind me:)

Thank you for your feedback, it all goes to helping the shop run smoothly.

Regards

Greg Parish
DAM Classic Racing
Factory 2/800 Princes Hwy
Springvale Victoria 3171
Australia

ph. +61 417 140 141
www.damclassicracing.com.au
sales@damclassicracing.com.au

So my memory is crap and it was $12 to mail a tiny sticker across Australia that could have been put in an Envelope with a stamp. Same deal to me and still leaves a sour taste.

As does you using this site as your personal advertising space. Just my opinion of course,others may well love it.
« Last Edit: July 16, 2019, 16:24 by Davo »

Offline Greg Parish

• DAM Classic Racing
« Reply #23 on: July 17, 2019, 00:04 »
Davo the offer of the free Ceriani sticker with your first order still stands.

I'm sorry you have difficulty understanding the reasons for shipping to have the added cost of Tracking.
If there are any parts you need we can ship them overnight to Western Australia with Tracking to ensure the best possible delivery outcome for both parties.

There has only ever been one case where a customer claimed they didn't receive an order from DAM Classic Racing and raised a Dispute with Australia Post. DAM Classic Racing immediately shipped the order again at no cost to the customer so they could repair their bike as soon as possible.
It's one of the problems for businesses selling on-line that a dispute of any type has the potential to block the business from receiving or sending payments. i.e. cease trading and no groceries for the family.

We can all relate strories of unreputable dealings on eBay, both sellers and buyers.

DAM Classic Racing offers solutions to members enquiries on this forum. This is no different from Piet Herrman from OCT, Gary Cawte from Redax, Brett Mahoney, or anyone else who wants to help members keep their Laverda on the road or race track.

« Last Edit: July 17, 2019, 07:45 by Greg Parish »

Davo

« Reply #24 on: July 17, 2019, 01:51 »
Davo the offer of the free Ceriani sticker with your first order still stands.

I had already bought multiple parts from you and only needed 1 sticker to finish paint after my frame repair. I fully understand the consequence of buying more un-needed parts and paying shipping on them just to get one free sticker. No thanks.

Offline Greg Parish

• DAM Classic Racing
« Reply #25 on: July 17, 2019, 03:17 »
I would like us to move forward but Davo's inference here is misleading.

I stand corrected. You have made one order with me Dave, #170361 before the internet shop was operating.
The order consisted of 3 rubber items: a rubber stop for the centrestand, 6mm silentbloc and a tank strap. These were shipped on 21st July 2017.
Two years later you send me that sharply worded email out of the blue.

I am happy to continue supplying parts to you Dave

Please lets get back to LED Headlight globes
« Last Edit: July 17, 2019, 03:23 by Greg Parish »

Davo

« Reply #26 on: July 18, 2019, 04:27 »
I would like us to move forward but Davo's inference here is misleading.

I stand corrected. You have made one order with me Dave, #170361 before the internet shop was operating.
The order consisted of 3 rubber items: a rubber stop for the centrestand, 6mm silentbloc and a tank strap. These were shipped on 21st July 2017.
Two years later you send me that sharply worded email out of the blue.

I am happy to continue supplying parts to you Dave

Please lets get back to LED Headlight globes

Better do another search. You missed the easy clutch.

That aside it still all comes down to one thing for me, the cost you wanted for sending 1 tiny item that was all I required to finish my repair. I did not want to buy more un-needed parts just to get a sticker, why pay more. And that for me just smacks of poor customer service.
« Last Edit: July 18, 2019, 04:42 by Davo »

Offline Dellortoman

• My wolf mate 6/5/1996 - 3/1/2011
« Reply #27 on: July 18, 2019, 05:29 »
That aside it still all comes down to one thing for me, the cost you wanted for sending 1 tiny item that was all I required to finish my repair.

G'day Davo

I've used the Australia Post calculator myself on occasions, linked to items I've sold on ebay (actually have an item for sale now using auto postage calculator). When you set it up, you have to choose either parcel or letter. It doesn't do both.

Greg's automatic postage calculator (presumably linked to the Aus Post calculator) would obviously have to be configured for parcels. It doesn't know what it is that you're sending, so wouldn't have known that the item would fit in a standard envelope. Hence $12 parcel rate to WA.

Perhaps when you emailed Greg, rather than moan about postage rates and cancel the order, you could have simply asked him to put it in an envelope and post it as a letter.

It's not unreasonable to expect you'll be needing other parts in future (our old clunkers seem to need a regular supply of parts) so Greg's offer to chuck a free sticker in your next order is a reasonable solution. I don't read it in the conditional sense that he'll only give you a sticker if you spend more money with him.

With slightly clearer communication on both sides, you could have arrived at the envelope/letter option, and the whole deal could have been completed painlessly. It beggars belief that it's blown up into a public mud slinging issue.

FFS  ::)

Davo

« Reply #28 on: July 18, 2019, 05:59 »

Perhaps when you emailed Greg, rather than moan about postage rates and cancel the order, you could have simply asked him to put it in an envelope and post it as a letter.

Unlike Greg I do not keep every email but I am pretty sure that was my suggestion at the time. I recall thinking of sending him a stamped self addressed envelope but was too pissed off. I also work in a service business and provide a lot of services for free, ie at my cost as I am not earning an income from them and are still paying my costs.

And I am still pretty annoyed about him using someone else's paid for internet bandwidth to run his advertising. I trust he is going to recompense the owner of this site, but doubt it.

Offline Vince

« Reply #29 on: July 18, 2019, 06:44 »
I find his posts fine, I have no idea what new or oddball bits he might have to fix an issue. Reminds me of when Andy Chains arrived and told us about his Mercadies primary chain fix, he got the spamming comments as well. It's all Laverda bits, I wouldn't be ok with someone advertising their garden furniture for sale. The bloke making the spamming charge against Andy ended up doing exactly the same thing when he started a trail bike touring company. BTW in case it's not well known Wolfgang is close to retiring and so are a few of the other Laverda parts people so that's something we need to adjust to in the not distant future. With all the work Greg has put in on his website it's obvious he is committed to what he is doing. Maybe there is something to learn here on both sides, I also like Cam's approach. Years ago I had a part go missing in the post, that has the parental to get extremely ugly fast so tracking is a must. Back into my hole now.