Author Topic: New Laverda book. Raid Tierra del Fuego - Alaska with two Laverda 750 SF in 1971  (Read 10343 times)

Offline MVma

Hi all, Red was kind enough to authorize me to put this message in Laverdaforum:

I'm pleased to present my new Laverda book!

At a time when there were no GPS, no cellulars, no possibility of assistance, two young Italians achieved an extraordinary feat riding two Laverda 750 SF from Ushuaia, the southernmost city in the world, to Anchorage in Alaska.
Accompanied by a friend photographer, they realized one of the most spectacular motorcycle adventures of all time.

The new book I just wrote (available in early 2018) is devoted to this fantastic journey, the Tierra del Fuego - Alaska raid made in 1971.

Many have heard of this raid, but apart from few rare articles, it has never been publicized at its fair value and no one knows the real conditions of an exploit then unpublished, realized in addition with motorcycles of our favorite brand.

Thanks to the testimonies, diaries and photographs provided by the protagonists of the time, Filippo Falzoni, Renato Calo and Steve Snider, as well as Massimo Bertuzzi sadly deceased since, I was able to retrace in detail this fabulous adventure of 34000 km of roads, half of which being unpaved.

The book describes with great precision the extent of the difficulties and daring that had to be shown for a raid of this magnitude. Extreme weather conditions, huge distances, administrative and political complications, various incidents of course, machine behavior are the story of what was a first in terms of the complete crossing of the three Americas on motorbikes. The fact that it was made with Laverda sport motorcycles adds to the performance.

Some of the numerous pictures are in attached files.

This self-published book, available in English, French and Italian, I have now to better assess the quantity to print.

The retail price will be 28 euros.

I have to estimate the quantities to be printed, so anyone interested, please let me know.

Any question about this book, feel free to ask me

Kindest regards,

JLO

sfcl972@gmail.com

Here are some of the numerous pictures that will be in the book:

Offline AndyW

• Adelaide
Looks brilliant: Ill take one!
'71 TR6 Tiger, '73 X-75, '73 3C, '74 3C, '75 SF2, '75 850T3 Cal, '75 T160V, '78 Mirage, '80 Darmah, '82 TR7/T, '83 Tenere, '97 XRV750, 2017 MV F3 (Ago edition)

Offline Gravelroad

You can count me in for 2 copies, JLO. Pretty much shure that will be a very interesting read. (bigthumb)

Offline Dicko

Looks really interesting. I will take two copies please.

Thanks

Offline SimonR501

• Lympne, Kent, UK
    • Simons Flickr site
JLO, I will have one please!
Email sent also!

*EDIT: In English please!
« Last Edit: November 21, 2017, 11:30 by SimonR501 »
Laverda Jota 120 - 1982.
LG F1495BDA Direct Drive Washing Machine.
Black & Decker GLC3630L20 36v Cordless Telescopic Grass Trimmer.
SimonR501 Flickr Photos.http://www.flickr.com/photos/simonr501

Offline 3C-Wayne

One for me as well.

Thanks.
1974 Laverda 3C

NJ USA

Offline corsanigel

Three for me please. Great photos

Offline Dellortoman

• My wolf mate 6/5/1996 - 3/1/2011
You can count me in for 2 copies, JLO. Pretty much shure that will be a very interesting read. (bigthumb)

2 copies should make it twice as interesting  ;D

Offline Gravelroad

2 copies should make it twice as interesting  ;D
Just as a backup in case the first one is crashing. ;D

Offline 1200ts

One for me too.
Lav - 68 750GT, 69 750S, 76 3CL, 82 1200TS, 83 RGS, 88 SFC1000
AMC - 29 M5, 51 G9, 51 18S, 67 G80CS
73 Norton 750
78 Ducati 900GTS
78 Benelli Quattro
Ariel - 55HS, 58 HS
Triumph - 36 2/1, 53 6T, 58 TR6, 61 T120R, 57 TriBSA
50 Sunbeam S7
50 BSA M21
Velocette - 59 MAC, 62 Venom
BMW 08 R1200RT

Offline MVma

Thank you!

Thanks to everyone to remind me the postal adresses and email in MP.

Offline MVma

For the information of all the Australian and NZ Laverda owners who could be interested, Redax and Greg Parish (DAM Laverda) suggest to collect the pre-orders so with one large shipment the shipping cost can be kept as low as possible.

Redax can collect the pre-orders for the QLD club members,
And Greg Parish for the Laverda owners from Western Australia, NSW and NZ.

Greg's special webpage here: https://damclassicracing.com.au/1971-raid-tierra-del-fuoco-alaska/

Offline Legs

Those from SA, Tasmania, the NT and the ACT need not apply ;)

Offline MVma

Sorry for the geography!   :)
Redax or Greg Parish are the contacts for ALL Australian, Tasmanian, NZ and also Cocos, Christmas, Heard/McDonald, Ashmore and Cartier islands Laverda owners! Is it better like that?  :D