Author Topic: Bike ban in Germany on Sundays  (Read 1249 times)

Offline andre g

Bike ban in Germany on Sundays
« on: May 23, 2020, 23:53 »
No fake,
German politicans have new ideas, they think about a ban of bikes at at Sundays. maybe Carona is also a brain disease.
https://www.focus.de/auto/motorrad/laer ... 95921.html

https://www.openpetition.de/petition/on ... iertagen-2

cannot translate all this but we in Germany are cofused and are looking for E Bikes, are there Laverdas? :o

Offline Laverda SF

Re: Bike ban in Germany on Sundays
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2020, 00:46 »
Really a HIC! Scotch moment ;o(

I'm seeing less Harley's for this time of the year on the road since Covid-19.

Great Lakes North Shore Ontario Canada. Now we are hitting 24C every day - Starting to get HOT.
« Last Edit: May 24, 2020, 01:46 by Laverda SF »

Offline Vince

« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2020, 02:36 »
I got an email from TomTom a couple of days back saying I must disengage the speed camera alerts in my GPS if I go to Germany as that will be illegal soon. Hope that doesn't catch on in other countries.

Offline Ernesto

« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2020, 03:23 »
as that will be illegal soon.
Has been illegal since years already. The question is
if they can proof it...

Ernesto
« Last Edit: May 24, 2020, 03:38 by Ernesto »

Offline Tippie

« Reply #4 on: May 24, 2020, 06:36 »
That would be the green party pushing their battery power world I would guess form your comment. Anyone seen the Planet of the People film?
SF2 17483 (race)
SF2 17424 (road)
An Australian living near Oslo in Norway

Offline CLEMTOG

« Reply #5 on: May 24, 2020, 10:19 »
no bike riding in Germany on Sundays???

what planet do they come from, the inventors/suggestors of this? How am I supposed to get back home from Silberstead in August (which might even go ahead!) as it finishes on Sunday morning and I usually ride home, starting around 10.00hrs and straight back Home (near London, England), if the weather is unkind I stop half way in Hengello, Holland.

I certainly would not want to leave early and miss the Saturday night party (yee haaa) and to stay for Monday morning would not suit the farm that the rally is held on, although I am sure they would be very accommodating, one would be a nuisance, they have to get back to work, plus who want's to navigate Mondays traffic in Duetchland?

CLEM

Offline Ernesto

« Reply #6 on: May 24, 2020, 10:27 »
Bike ban in Germany on sundays isn't the whole story.
They plan to apply that to certain "attractive" routes which
are very frequently chosen by motorcycles, certainly some
"loud" ones. Till now they were able to exclude motorbikes
from "attractive" routes if many accidents happened there.
They now plan to make a law that allows them to exclude
motorcycles because of being loud. The problem is that then
all motorcycles will be banned there.

@Clem: interesting to hear that you're going to Silberstedt.
Most likely we'll meet each other there.

Ernesto
« Last Edit: May 25, 2020, 21:20 by Ernesto »

Offline Gravelroad

« Reply #7 on: May 24, 2020, 10:56 »
Nothing new on the western front, I'd say. Southwest of my hometown Hannover in Lower Saxony, where most of the roads around are rather flat an straight, a little mountain ridge is crossed by a winding road with lots of corners, the so called Nienstedter Pass, all in maybe 3 kms long. It has been closed for Motorbikes on Sundays since more than 20 yrs. I can fully understand this, as plenty of leisure riders (fuck them all) did not only cross it, but then turned around at the valley ends just to go it again. In combination with the usual "loud pipes save lives" bullshit, this has driven the population of the villages at both ends of that road to nuts, so Sunday ban on motorbikes for that road was just the natural outcome. Plenty of irresponsible dickheads on motorbikes causing this Sunday road closures, not the Greenies.

Offline Tippie

« Reply #8 on: May 24, 2020, 13:19 »
Here it is almost invariably feet forward lean back type bikes that have to tell everyone how fucking incredible they are and save their own lives with their lack of mufflers, very few sports bikes these days are loud here. Why don't they just set up a noise meter control and issue re-inspection notices on them? They do it with speed, why not noise.
SF2 17483 (race)
SF2 17424 (road)
An Australian living near Oslo in Norway

Offline Sir Sidney Ruffdiamond

• Aged Rocker I keep banging my head
« Reply #9 on: May 24, 2020, 13:45 »
Some sections of the M1 and the A34 in UK Are 50 limit because of noise - my Jota is pretty quiet in my helmet

Offline CLEMTOG

« Reply #10 on: May 24, 2020, 15:12 »
I don't think that Jota pipes were ever road legal, they certainly don't pass road racing rules and the parameters are set higher!

When TOG was new she had the Lanfranconi's and they stayed until they rotted, then the Jota pipes came, I used them for 38 years, and then tried some nice condition Lanfranconi's and it was just so so flat................
noise it is then, or should I say (PAL) sound? " iza nota noise iza sound"
CLEM

Online Piranha Brother 2

• It was once a 1973 750 SF1
« Reply #11 on: May 25, 2020, 01:30 »
I don't think that Jota pipes were ever road legal, they certainly don't pass road racing rules and the parameters are set higher!

When TOG was new she had the Lanfranconi's and they stayed until they rotted, then the Jota pipes came, I used them for 38 years, and then tried some nice condition Lanfranconi's and it was just so so flat................
noise it is then, or should I say (PAL) sound? " iza nota noise iza sound"
CLEM

From Dave Minton's article, it's pretty clear why the Jota pipes are 'open', Clem. Lots of time on that steam powered dyno of Slaters and 'many sets of mufflers killed in the that making of this film'  ;D

I'm designing and building my own twin sys for the SFQ right now. I need it to be open for the engine to breathe with the spec cams and the like I'm using, but want it as quiet as I can get it. No easy feat and it will no doubt be louder than I'd prefer.

I have a pair of beautiful Yoshi RS-3 stainless mufflers (oval) but they are simply enormous and cannot be adapted to the SF (especially with the twin shocks). What I'm looking at is a cross between a Jota and a '74 SFC 2/1 system. Two undersize 38mm OD headers into a short siamesed section under the motor, then slow taper to two 350mm baffled tapered megas and a final 350mm parallel baffled section of 80mm OD (with the perforated tube tapering from 60 to 80mm). SFC reverse cone on the end. Tucks in nicely and hopefully breathes well on the 270 motor.

We shall see. Race tracks seem to vary hugely here on noise limits - tracks days can be impossible (even Lafranconis will fail the noise meter at the Island if the lowest DB limits are enforced), but racing seems unlimited - Broadford seems to have no limit.

If I had a hypersports bike I'd want it as quiet as possible!
What ... leave it standard??!!

Offline chrisk

• I'd like to write something here: SOMETHING
« Reply #12 on: May 25, 2020, 02:53 »
If I had a hypersports bike I'd want it as quiet as possible!

Time to go electric?
"Team BFN - an international rabble on wheels"🏍🍻👍🤣😍

Offline Legs

« Reply #13 on: May 25, 2020, 03:04 »
Wish the noise police would set up a station on the Gorge Rd near my place; biggest PITA are the Hoggly Dogglys and modified dirt bikes (motards), the rest are bearable and I have become a bit of an expert picking which bikes are coming past. The favorite is some bloke on a blue and silver Ducati 900SS, go outside and down on the front lawn when I hear him coming. He must wonder why the old fool with the shit-eating grin is giving him the thumbs up.

Offline Vince

« Reply #14 on: May 25, 2020, 03:25 »
I never really was that concerned about noise, I usually did the dirtbike muffler repack when it was needed BUT. I once did a ride with a bunch of Electricians I worked with. Half a dozen owned dirtbikes and the rest hired them. The trailer arrived with about 25 bikes on it. We were riding at the now-defunct bike park at Oberon.
So what could go wrong, PLENTY.The ones that didnt own a bike had zero ideas about what their limit was, heaps and heaps of crashing at speed on the fire trails. I had no hope of convincing them to slow down or venture onto the tighter singletrack. Luckily there were no serious injuries. Anyway, the point of this was NOISE and one of the blokes owned a wr450 Yamaha with a White Brothers MUFFLER on it. I couldn't believe the sound out of this thing. It was PAINFUL to be anywhere withing 50m of this thing. I tried telling him but he was insistent it sounded great. So not even slightly plesent a note, just horrible.