Author Topic: Historic vehicle registration in NSW  (Read 562 times)

Offline ngiles

Historic vehicle registration in NSW
« on: February 23, 2018, 10:23 »
Question re NSW Historic Vehicle Registration aka Club Registration. 

I have recently registered two vehicles under the NSW Historic Vehicle Registration scheme - a Laverda and a Ducati.  In the first case, the Ducati, I was charged $91.40 to get the plate and the conditional rego (the vehicle had previously been on normal NSW rego, although lapsed for some years).  The Laverda, which was brought from South Australia, has cost $288.26 and includes $220 for CTP Premium and levy plus $$45 for the rego plate plus $$22 for an admin fee.

My wife did the Laverda today and I am now confused about the CTP charge as this seems high.

Can anyone advise what is correct and point to any NSW govt info on the topic.

Cheers, Nick

Offline Vince

Re: Historic vehicle registration in NSW
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2018, 10:37 »
I had a similar issue, there is a box on the form that needs to be filled out in a certain way. I forget the details but its well know trap, I would have thought if Marty did the inspection the form would be correct.That's if this is the same as my issue, mine was about $50 a year more than all the other blokes till it was sorted.The bloody idiots at the RTA just didnt get it, it took 2 years to fix mine but I cannot remember the reason or the fix

Offline ngiles

« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2018, 10:44 »
Thanks - I've got to go back tomorrow to correct another error - they marked it (the Lav) down as Restricted to designated areas/routes AND Vehicle to be floated from site to site - like it is a tractor or a mowing machine or some such. 

Offline Vince

« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2018, 11:25 »
All the big wigs in CIMA know about this issue, Gary Brett Rosin,,, and Marty. Ring one of them and try and sort the correct info and it all at once. That's if you're going through CIMA membership. I would have thought if your going the LOGBOOK type rego as opposed to the Original NON LOGBOOK type classic rego it would have been obvious you're not floating your TRACTOR FARM IMPLEMENT about.
As I said idiots at the whatever there name is now. Services NSW.
« Last Edit: February 23, 2018, 11:33 by Vince »

Offline ngiles

« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2018, 02:25 »
Just to close this out - went back to the RMS and they apologised for their incorrect classification under the conditional registration scheme.  So walked out with correct paper work and a credit of $200!  Well I have to wait 4 - 6 weeks for them to process the credit - I'm told they send me a cheque - really, in this day and age!

Offline martymoose

« Reply #5 on: February 25, 2018, 08:34 »
Glad its sorted out, pretty sure i ticked the historic box for you, got to watch those shiny bums😉
Cheers from sunny Sydney

Offline breganzane

• SE Australia
    • Breganzane
« Reply #6 on: February 25, 2018, 12:18 »
Got to say, the birds in QBN Service NSW are top notch, nothing like dealing with the ACT rego nazis of the 80's and 90's.  One of them took a bit of convincing that you could set an end date (so all your histeric regos expire together) but other than that all my dealings with them have been totally painless... dare I say almost pleasant!
As the historic stuff is a bit out of the ordinary, you won't always get one who knows the exact right boxes to tick first time, no biggie.  Rule of thumb, $50 a bike, anything other than that they've ticked the wrong box.
Various 120, 180 and 360 Laverdas - and a single.

Offline critter39

« Reply #7 on: February 26, 2018, 10:58 »
Got two bikes on the classic vehicle log book trial this is the second year for both bikes cost $46 each bike this includes ctp and levy, sweet cheap ride

Offline Davo

• West of the Rabbit Proof Fence
« Reply #8 on: February 27, 2018, 01:29 »
Well, it is a Laverda and they are agricultural. Can't blame them  :laugh:
1976 3CL Redaxed
Triumph Sprint
Moto Guzzi Le Mans III 850 Stucchi
Honda V Twin Fastrak hustler