Author Topic: New addition!!  (Read 1134 times)

Offline chrisk

• I'd like to write something here: SOMETHING
Re: New addition!!
« Reply #45 on: February 23, 2018, 02:23 »
Paint the Norton orange first.

I might buy a Norton ................ the chain on my boat anchor is slowly rusting away, may be looking for a replacement anchor soon.  ;D
The initial attraction to motorcycling inflicts people for various reasons and at different stages in their lives. But once someone experiences the elation of riding a motorcycle there’s no denying the nearly spiritual effect it has.

Offline Cosi

« Reply #46 on: February 23, 2018, 03:20 »
I wouldn't worry too much about what Piet said about it maybe being crashed ,

I would, he didn't say it to burst the bubble, he said it because it most probable that it is not straight, I haven't seen a  straight one yet, take the tank off and put a 600mm level or ruler on the spine, betya it's not straight...
Hastings Point 2489 Australia

« Reply #47 on: February 23, 2018, 15:28 »
I agree with Davo, a couple of rides on the Lav and you won't be thinking about the Norton much,and you won't need a catch pan under the Laverda, I wouldn't worry too much about what Piet said about it maybe being crashed ,the thin web wheels are soft as butter , so I've been told ,it doesn't take much to bend them,

Lee, I have owned the Commando for 30 years. So me more than anybody will know about the shortcomings of the model. it is true to say that the Commando was a last ditch attempt for Norton to save itself from the quicksand.
          After 42 years in the saddle peoples opinions about bikes are no longer important to me, There are a vast array of motorcycles to choose from out there and that's what makes the ownership of a bike so interesting. I will be the first to say I have weird tastes which is probably why I also ride the 900 ss ie, a bike that I think is lovely to ride.
          Just for all the 'Jobe's comforters' out there I have had the tank off today and checked the alignment of the frame and everthing is as straight as a die, nor is there any stress cracking about the headstock. To be honest this is something I am sure I'd off spotted before buying as precision measurement is something I know a bit about.
         Perhaps I cannot win on the forum as when I didn't have a bike some people where poking me for the fact that I did not and now that I have one some are saying "oooh you might have bought a duffer".
                                Well there my bike is and no it's not perfect but I am sure I can make a good machine of it. As for crashed bikes I would be interested to know what percentage have not been crashed over a period of 30-50 year lifespan.
       To conclude thanks to everyone who have contributed on this thread about my bike, I am very pleased with it and the way it looks,it may well offend the eyes of some but if that person is in Aus then it won't really matter, the fact is I like it and that's the most important thing ;D
« Last Edit: February 23, 2018, 15:30 by flametrap »