Author Topic: Club Laverda NSW Snowy Rally to Tasmania  (Read 5068 times)

Offline blab

Re: Club Laverda NSW Snowy Rally to Tasmania
« Reply #90 on: November 12, 2017, 08:01 »
More than 3 in my book  ;)
7 might be a juggernaut rather than a posse.
Serbian Hot Rod

Offline Brett

« Reply #91 on: November 12, 2017, 08:34 »
Thanks Quentin and  Hooksie was great to ride down to the ferry better than the doom  and a bonus to follow that lovely 750 with axle in correct orientation. Maybe I shouldn’t of had the beers at the track but what the hey had to help the trophy 🏆 winner celebrate

Bikes all tied down dinner had and now into some serious work on making a hangover

Photos on the club Lav Facebook page asphotoguckit down and iPhone pics aren’t forum friendly
Sitting on the fence 120 or 180 that is the question ?

Offline Brett

« Reply #92 on: November 12, 2017, 18:20 »
Bit wet coming into Tassie looking out at the lights of Stanley
FFS I’m not sharing a room with a snorer again
Chris and myself reckon someone needs to sleep apnia machine.....
Now who else was in our cabin
If John Dave and Pete were in the other room

Offline chrisk

• I'd like to write something here: SOMETHING
« Reply #93 on: November 13, 2017, 01:35 »
Anymore details on the trip?
The initial attraction to motorcycling inflicts people for various reasons and at different stages in their lives. But once someone experiences the elation of riding a motorcycle there’s no denying the nearly spiritual effect it has.

Offline Laverda Bomber

« Reply #94 on: November 13, 2017, 02:29 »
Sorry guys.
A bit late but ive got tangled up elsewhere and cannot join you.
Hope you have a great trip.
Regards
Bomber.
Laverda Bomber
Tasmania Aust (Not Transylvania or Tanzania)
1980 Moto Martin 1000 Laverda Triple
2004 Ducati SS800 Track Bike "Cicciolina"
1977 VW Kombi Campmobile

Offline Brett

« Reply #95 on: November 14, 2017, 08:35 »
Anymore details on the trip?
Ok last night we stayed at Weldborough and had no intervention so sadly no updates
Coffee was awesome this morning as the lady running the joint let me run the machine whilst she cooked the breakis
So I ended up having 3 😀

We’re here at end of second day Brighton hotel

Weldborough pass great road  elephant pass for pancakes then some great roads and then into freyinet was awesome also we did some sight seeing then back to Swansea for lunch

As before photos on Club Laverda NSW Facebook page so if some genius can upload to here that would be very nice of said person otherwise join Facebook as it is the 21st century after all 😀.

Looking forward to catching up with Cam tomorrow night have a 1/2 flask of single malt left that want to share with him
👍🏼

Offline martymoose

« Reply #96 on: November 14, 2017, 09:34 »
Apparently Brighton closes at 8pm and we where still at the bar. Luckily convinced the local Chinese to reopen for 7 hungry blokes
Cheers from sunny Sydney

Offline Dellortoman

• My wolf mate 6/5/1996 - 3/1/2011
« Reply #97 on: November 14, 2017, 23:07 »

Looking forward to catching up with Cam tomorrow night have a 1/2 flask of single malt left that want to share with him

Like bringing coal to Newcastle mate  ;D
Got a bottle of Tassie single malt in the grog cupboard. Dunno if it's any good because I haven't opened yet. You can give it a road test.

Offline martymoose

« Reply #98 on: November 15, 2017, 05:28 »
Awesome ride out to lake pedder with a nice lunch at Strathgordon lodge. Managed to dodge the rain showers but looks like it is going to be wet in the morning. About to head off to see Cam and the rest of the Hobart lavvy crew.
Cheers from sunny Sydney

Offline chrisk

• I'd like to write something here: SOMETHING
« Reply #99 on: November 15, 2017, 05:31 »
Marty
Please tell Chris P "To get back to work ASAP, things are looking up on the wool project"

Stay safe guys

CK
The initial attraction to motorcycling inflicts people for various reasons and at different stages in their lives. But once someone experiences the elation of riding a motorcycle there’s no denying the nearly spiritual effect it has.

Offline martymoose

« Reply #100 on: November 15, 2017, 05:35 »
Sorry too busy having way too much fun. You had better deliver the samples first mate!

Current trip odometer reading stands at 2521km.
Cheers from sunny Sydney

Offline Brett

« Reply #101 on: November 15, 2017, 12:03 »
Day 3 in Tassie was brilliant we went out on some very nice and twisty roads to lake Pedder and also had a look at the Gordon Dam. Had a great lunch at the resort, got some not so great fuel and headed back into Hobart. On the way back pulled into a store in the middle of nowhere to get some water as I was dry as a habit wearing lady of religions private parts... and met a guy who owned a Mirage but hasnt ridden for around 20 years.
We got a tad wet but nothing to bad, went back to the otel and made some small adjustments to Dave's bike and waited for the heavens which had opened to close so we could head to Cam's for a meet and greet and change of oil.
Cam let us use the workshop so Marty, Dave and myself could change our oil, adjust our chains and such.
Then Cam and Joanne put together a really nice spread of the boys, Richard plyed us with some Coopers before Cam brought out the Pinot Noir whisky from the local distillers.
Got to catch up also with Tim and a couple of others whose names just slipped my brain.
Ride back to otel was interesting as was running low on fuel, the group got split up so I hung back till the stragglers caught up so could show them the way, then it started raining and one of the guys behind started flashing his light so we all pulled over only to find out he was simply testing it ??? so we got a bit more wet that was expected then got following for the last few K's by the local constabulary but maybe he took pitty on some wet mainlanders.. thank god for that as a couple of Coopers and some whiskey at Cam's had me a bit nervous to say the least.
Photo can be found on Club Lav face book page.

Offline martymoose

« Reply #102 on: November 15, 2017, 20:59 »
Thanks Cam for a great night. Slow start this morning waiting for the rain to clear them we are off to queenstown
Cheers from sunny Sydney

Offline Vince

« Reply #103 on: November 16, 2017, 05:07 »
Arrivedat queenstown 2 riders down but expect them soon thanks to cam i think pushed the fuel envolope at 258ks no worrys for me with the miks

Offline martymoose

« Reply #104 on: November 16, 2017, 09:29 »
Jota 120 had a fail to proceed moment. What happens in Cams shed stays in Cams shed. Empire hotel in Queenstown for the night awesome old pub.
Cheers from sunny Sydney