Author Topic: Boggy Creek (Curdievale Victoria)  (Read 3980 times)

Offline AndyW

• Adelaide
Re: Boggy Creek (Curdievale Victoria)
« Reply #45 on: February 02, 2018, 05:52 »
'71 TR6 Tiger, '73 X-75, '73 3C, '74 3C, '75 SF2, '75 850T3 Cal, '75 T160V, '78 Mirage, '80 Darmah, '82 TR7/T, '83 Tenere, '97 XRV750, 2017 MV F3 (Ago edition)

Offline mauricejota7604

« Reply #46 on: February 11, 2018, 11:37 »
Well another great weekend down in the deep south western corner of Victoria.
Tommy boy came down so we gave our Jotas a good workout, there was plenty of adventure during the ride including a certain pursuit that caught a rider crossing double lines whilst another that was quite unaware of a colored light pursuit going on continued passing cars and enjoying the many corners that the Great Ocean Road offers.
Unfortunately a Guzzi rider came to grief as a result of a bad pot hole and a ridge in the centre that bought him down he had to be airlifted out but i believe he has only got some broken ribs, then there was tale of the of broken Laverda's one particular triple that expired and was unable to be returned to life and another "twin" that decided that enough was enough trying to keep up with the triples and is now having an extended holiday in Boggy Creek.
I'm sure the owner will chime in soon with some form of excuse.
It was also great to see the three amigos from South Australia roll up hope you all got home  safely that is a big ride.   
81 Jota*7604*

Offline Brett

« Reply #47 on: February 11, 2018, 18:52 »
But where are the photos ? sounds like a good weekend, now prey tell who was it that got nabbed by Mr Plod.

Sitting on the fence 120 or 180 that is the question ?

Offline Vince

« Reply #48 on: February 11, 2018, 20:46 »
That's why I rubber mounted my mirrors, anything to stop them sneaking up behind you. Once was enough motivation for me, opening question was why were you weaving through the traffic and didnt you see us behind you.Well no I didnt obviously but I do now
« Last Edit: February 11, 2018, 20:51 by Vince »

Offline Legs

« Reply #49 on: February 11, 2018, 21:13 »
All home safely Maurice. Waiting for dash-cam footage to appear of the three amigos overtaking the land barges along the Coorong, they don't seem to like that.

Offline Is2

« Reply #50 on: February 11, 2018, 21:51 »
After the traumatic start at the front gate, >:( , the rest of the trip went well, got home with no real drama.  Just the odd clown on the road making life difficult.
Ripped all the gear off [keep it out of the gutter] the Jota. Ready for a good clean.

As for pics, sorry got a few but I haven't sorted out posting them yet after the Photobucket bullshit.

PS Shell does not work well in the Jota. Let the hipsters have it!

Offline AndyW

• Adelaide
« Reply #51 on: February 11, 2018, 22:00 »
But where are the photos ? sounds like a good weekend, now prey tell who was it that got nabbed by Mr Plod.
My lips are sealed  :-X :-X :-*
'71 TR6 Tiger, '73 X-75, '73 3C, '74 3C, '75 SF2, '75 850T3 Cal, '75 T160V, '78 Mirage, '80 Darmah, '82 TR7/T, '83 Tenere, '97 XRV750, 2017 MV F3 (Ago edition)

Offline hooksey

• I See Orange !
« Reply #52 on: February 12, 2018, 11:11 »
No excuses Mo.... first dnf in all my time as a Lav owner  8)

Happens to the best of em  ;)

Bloody badly crimped spade connectors and a vibrating twin!
 >:D >:D

Offline rowdypat

« Reply #53 on: February 12, 2018, 19:58 »
More likely sabotage  :o

Offline Dellortoman

• My wolf mate 6/5/1996 - 3/1/2011
« Reply #54 on: February 12, 2018, 21:25 »
Having suffered from spade connector failure a couple of times due to vibration, I now carry a few spare spade connectors and a pair of crimping pliers on long trips when I have saddle bags and tank bag on the bike.

I also carry some spare insulated cable, a roll of electrical tape, some bullet connectors, cable ties, spare fuses, small multimeter, a spare Lithium battery (small and light), a 12V soldering iron and a bit of resin cored solder. All of that stuff takes up very little room in the Oxford saddle bags.

There's not many electrical issues that I can't fix on the side of the road. It can make the difference between having to call a (possibly expensive) recovery vehicle and waiting hours for a pick-up, or getting going again in a few minutes.

Oddly enough, I've never needed any of that stuff for my own bike, but on several occasions I've had to delve into my mobile electrical hardware store to get mates' bikes going again.

Offline chrisk

• I'd like to write something here: SOMETHING
« Reply #55 on: February 12, 2018, 22:01 »
More likely sabotage  :o

Do tell, a triple rider with 750 envy?  Or maybe it was Lee Harvey Oswald.
The initial attraction to motorcycling inflicts people for various reasons and at different stages in their lives. But once someone experiences the elation of riding a motorcycle there’s no denying the nearly spiritual effect it has.

Offline Vince

« Reply #56 on: February 12, 2018, 23:45 »
3 times my bike has stopped over the last 15 years on long rides and every time its been battery earth connections coming loose or breaking off and intermittently connecting and then not. And the other dodgy bit was a burned pin of the key switch connector plug. Brace and pack those batteries and don't let them move, check the rubber holding strap isn't close to snapping same with the wiring around the steering head.Hopefully, mine is now MORE bullet prove but even NASA fucks up on occasion