Author Topic: NALOC 2017 Rally Committee meeting results  (Read 792 times)

Offline angonemoto

NALOC 2017 Rally Committee meeting results
« on: February 03, 2017, 20:58 »
Hello Laverdisti,
In an attempt to meet up with all NALOC members and enthusastic supporters around the continent, I met with "IAG" this afternoon and no new plans for a rally were finalized but we did talk about Laverdas and the idea of what a rally is while diagnosing a clunk from the rear of my cabriolet in 20 degree weather. So, what's my point? None really, other than I met another Bob, we grew up in the same area, and we both "enjoy" working on cars and Laverdas. He has a very nice shop with a few Lavs properly stored in the corner and it was a pleasure meeting him today. Cheers Bob, next time I come over I will bring the proper elements for us to sample so we can talk more about a rally or what the future of NALOC can be. It's a start, right? Note the presidential headgear.

« Last Edit: February 03, 2017, 21:43 by angonemoto »
angonemoto | 68 American Eagle 750 1401 | 74 750 SF2 16441 | 77 JARAMA 3CL 5906 | 78 R100 RS

Offline rowdypat

Re: NALOC 2017 Rally Committee meeting results
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2017, 23:30 »
  (bigthumb)
You've got the ball rolling :-)

Offline chrisk

• I'd like to write something here: SOMETHING
« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2017, 00:27 »
Was wondering when the ball was going to roll.

What do call two men without arms and legs in a swimming pool? Two Bobs going down on each other :P
The initial attraction to motorcycling inflicts people for various reasons and at different stages in their lives. But once someone experiences the elation of riding a motorcycle there’s no denying the nearly spiritual effect it has.

Online IAG

• Chicago
« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2017, 02:14 »
Chris-fancy Bob-on-Bob action? It was a meeting, not a 'meating' you sick freak! BTW, we're trying to find a Laverda owner named Neil to round out our group  ;)
1976 3CL#5148 Will be ready for 2017!
1979 BMW R100RS
1971 Rickman Enfield Interceptor
1968 BSA Lightning
American Eagle #1257 #1410 & #1650
1984 RGS Executive #10 (#2320)

Offline chrisk

• I'd like to write something here: SOMETHING
« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2017, 06:39 »
Chris-fancy Bob-on-Bob action? It was a meeting, not a 'meating' you sick freak! BTW, we're trying to find a Laverda owner named Neil to round out our group  ;)

I think you missed the point. If you throw one unarmed and unlegged bloke in the pool he would Bob, until he sunk down. Two would be two Bobs sinking down ....... as sick as the first one sounded, that's not where I was going. But now that your dirty dirty mind has brought it to the fore ..... a kneel may be appropriate.
The initial attraction to motorcycling inflicts people for various reasons and at different stages in their lives. But once someone experiences the elation of riding a motorcycle there’s no denying the nearly spiritual effect it has.

Offline '71 SF

« Reply #5 on: February 09, 2017, 05:29 »
I think you missed the point. If you throw one unarmed and unlegged bloke in the pool he would Bob, until he sunk down. Two would be two Bobs sinking down ....... as sick as the first one sounded, that's not where I was going. But now that your dirty dirty mind has brought it to the fore ..... a kneel may be appropriate.

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
But really, two Bob's?what are the odds!

But for the chances of ever getting the NALOC moving towards a real establishment as a real club and the chances that we actually get Laverda owners to join and show up. Winter time up north? Not going to happen, well I have absolutely no desire to head north and meet in the freezer. However, a sprig meeting further south has a greater success of happening. Further south and your wives will be all for it. Bike week in Daytona, Sun & Fun Fly In in Lakeland, or just any reason to head to the sun during winter in Florida, Alabama, Louisiana, and Texas. Lets make this a real rally, even if you need to trailer in the ride. Having risen in the snow I can understand 100% about trailering a classic ride.

65 and sunny tomorrow, Feb 10th 2017! And thats in NW Florida and not central Florida where its warmer.

Salute,

Clay

Offline drdezmo

« Reply #6 on: March 07, 2017, 16:12 »
There are several Laverda owners here in Phoenix.  Others I'm sure in California.  I'm not sure where most are located.  I'd be happy to help with something here in the southwest.

Mike

Offline angonemoto

« Reply #7 on: March 24, 2017, 20:18 »
That would be great to have a group form up in the southwest. I was talking to IAG (another Bob) about your post this morning. If we really want to set something up as far as networking with each other, we think this forum is the place to do it. I'll start a thread and we can see how many of us are out there.

Thanks,
Bob
angonemoto | 68 American Eagle 750 1401 | 74 750 SF2 16441 | 77 JARAMA 3CL 5906 | 78 R100 RS

Offline Shamrock

« Reply #8 on: April 05, 2017, 18:47 »
I'm in