Author Topic: P12XX project  (Read 53052 times)

Offline LJ

Re: P12XX project
« Reply #240 on: March 29, 2018, 18:09 »
Careful Jo ,when you "approach",  you can t pick these up on your own  8) 8)
« Last Edit: March 29, 2018, 18:13 by LJ »
1986 RGA Jota Sprint 
1974 3C
1973 750GT              
1971  750SF 

I was born to make mistakes,not to fake perfection

Offline chrisk

• I'd like to write something here: SOMETHING
« Reply #241 on: March 30, 2018, 04:56 »
Thanks. I'm trying to finish the running in before the dyno.

Iíd be happy to help you get some miles up for you. :-* Whatís the rev limiter set at? We may need to crank it up a tad.  ;D
The initial attraction to motorcycling inflicts people for various reasons and at different stages in their lives. But once someone experiences the elation of riding a motorcycle thereís no denying the nearly spiritual effect it has.

Offline MVma

« Reply #242 on: March 30, 2018, 05:55 »
To say the truth I'm a bit reluctant to put it on a dyno. Just to get the information that it runs just like any other well tuned Laverda triple engine, with maybe a couple of hp more or less, probably doesn't worth this sort of torture... It could help to fine tune the carbs though as I still have a flat spot at mid range (clearly carb related).

The clear real advantage of this bike is the lightness, really nice and easy to ride and I can even put it in my truck very easily, something I can't do with my other triples.

I have to admit that this project exercice reach its limits, the bike being maybe too special to be really legal on the road and too sophisticated to be used on the track... But it was the way I've chosen.

Offline chrisk

• I'd like to write something here: SOMETHING
« Reply #243 on: March 30, 2018, 06:27 »
Mine goes on dyno Tuesday. One of the things I will demand is that it is for tuning purposes, not fo full on hp runs.  Besides, itís limited to 7,500 until itís run in. I put the standard needles and atomisers in it today because mid range was flat and lazy.

It sounds much crisper, but weather doesnít permit riding, for a road test.

If all goes well, I am considering the 1100klm (2200 round trip) run to Canberra mid April, that should run it in.

If you ever decide that itís a waste sitting idle in the garage, you are welcome to talk to me in the first instance. The two carbon bikes can chat to each other in my garage.
The initial attraction to motorcycling inflicts people for various reasons and at different stages in their lives. But once someone experiences the elation of riding a motorcycle thereís no denying the nearly spiritual effect it has.

Offline Jo

• Cologne, Germany
« Reply #244 on: March 30, 2018, 15:58 »
Careful Jo ,when you "approach",  you can t pick these up on your own  8) 8)

:D
Like always in real life you have to know when it's time to take some speed out ...
Looking forward to it!
 8)
Take people as they are - there aren't any others.

My Laverda pictures:  https://www.flickr.com/photos/italobikes-v2jo/albums/72157690026363615
My motorcycle pictures:  https://www.flickr.com/photos/italobikes-v2jo/albums/72157638173600135