Author Topic: Getting old  (Read 100826 times)

Offline chrisk

• I'd like to write something here: SOMETHING
Re: Getting old
« Reply #555 on: February 14, 2018, 22:14 »
Had a beard once, didn't like it so I threw it away ;). (all hipsters...)

When I was capable of growing a beard, that wasn't grey, and wore flanelette shirts, a good coffee was Nescafe instant.
The initial attraction to motorcycling inflicts people for various reasons and at different stages in their lives. But once someone experiences the elation of riding a motorcycle there’s no denying the nearly spiritual effect it has.

Offline Legs

« Reply #556 on: February 14, 2018, 23:36 »
And a bad coffee was (and still is) International Roast.

Offline TC

« Reply #557 on: February 15, 2018, 05:48 »
God, I dont mind getting old at all. For the first time in my life I can be completely self indulgent. Mostly people smile about the old fart who's out in the shed tinkering on mechanical devices you actually have to ride yourself. They leave me alone now, disregard me in their plans. Once they just wanted MORE from me. If I rejoined the race I know that'd start all over again so i'm happy even to be poor now too. No fear, i don't want to back up, be young and stupid again, especially not in this girlish nanny state that's watching us like a beagle. Concerning "the alternative", I no longer think it's worse. I think about that a lot these days. Spend hours (when i'm not in the shed) reading books and watching youtubes about current researches into life after death. It's like moon science, in the 1960s, a new frontier. Some Universities like Virginia and Arizona have important projects going on trying to figure out what it is that carries on, Pim van Lommel and his Dutch cardiologists are speaking about how they see the evidence everyday that death is only physiological, doesn't impact on consciousness at all, and there are many others with lots of scientific cred who're right into it. It's fascinating thing to be approaching, and I'm kind of curious and looking forward to it. I'm just lucky that I've got all these old motorbikes to frig around with while I wait!

A good read is the Tibetan Book of living and Dying, not to be confused with the tibetan book of the dead which is seriously hard going. We in the west are in constant denial of death which is really kinda strange since we all have to do it . anyway keep tinkering and enjoy the wait :)
Most of that will polish out...

74 3c
74 BMW R90S

Offline Shajota

« Reply #558 on: February 15, 2018, 06:11 »
Ahh, I sense an inner hipster there........ :o
PETER

Offline AndyW

• Adelaide
« Reply #559 on: February 15, 2018, 06:16 »
;D ;D
'71 TR6 Tiger, '73 X-75, '73 3C, '74 3C, '75 SF2, '75 850T3 Cal, '75 T160V, '78 Mirage, '80 Darmah, '82 TR7/T, '83 Tenere, '97 XRV750, 2017 MV F3 (Ago edition)

Online Gerald

« Reply #560 on: February 15, 2018, 06:21 »

Try Folgers, Maxwell House or even worse, Sanka :o
__o
_- \_<,
(*) /' (*)

Offline TC

« Reply #561 on: February 15, 2018, 06:33 »
:laugh: :laugh: if its in there its well hidden but hey Ill keep looking, hang on I just spilt my jam jar 43 bean nescafe.... ;D
Most of that will polish out...

74 3c
74 BMW R90S

Offline Legs

« Reply #562 on: February 15, 2018, 07:23 »
I know my coffee, my family owned a plantation in Wau, PNG for two generations :D :D. And it's pronounced arabica as in arab, not araaaarbica (fuken hipsters must hang). :D :D ;)

Offline Davo

• West of the Rabbit Proof Fence
« Reply #563 on: February 15, 2018, 07:44 »

Having lived in poverty for a period of time I know that Copper Kettle was the real killer. We came to a couple of conclusions during that period of our married life - no matter how poor we were, good coffee and toilet paper were essentials.
1976 3CL Redaxed
Triumph Sprint
Moto Guzzi Le Mans III 850 Stucchi
Honda V Twin Fastrak hustler

Offline blab

« Reply #564 on: February 15, 2018, 07:52 »
Having lived in poverty for a period of time I know that Copper Kettle was the real killer. We came to a couple of conclusions during that period of our married life - no matter how poor we were, good coffee and toilet paper were essentials.
So, bad coffee gives you the shits?
Serbian Hot Rod

Offline SimonR501

• Lympne, Kent, UK
    • Simons Flickr site
« Reply #565 on: February 15, 2018, 08:03 »
I am informed by our resident coffee nut at work that 'Blue Mountain' coffee from Jamaica is the ducks nuts.
You have to be careful from what region though!
Laverda Jota 120 - 1982.
LG F1495BDA Direct Drive Washing Machine.
Black & Decker GLC3630L20 36v Cordless Telescopic Grass Trimmer.
SimonR501 Flickr Photos.http://www.flickr.com/photos/simonr501

Offline Davo

• West of the Rabbit Proof Fence
« Reply #566 on: February 15, 2018, 08:54 »
So, bad coffee gives you the shits?

Nah, just tastes like shit. (Only going from what I have heard as I have not actually tasted shit)
1976 3CL Redaxed
Triumph Sprint
Moto Guzzi Le Mans III 850 Stucchi
Honda V Twin Fastrak hustler

Offline Legs

« Reply #567 on: February 15, 2018, 10:41 »
'Blue Mountain' was the coffee grown by my grandfather and my mother, hence the name 'Blue Mountain Coffee Estate', Wau, Morobe Province, PNG.

Offline Brett

« Reply #568 on: February 15, 2018, 10:44 »
Life's too short for bad coffee... that's why I drink Illy.
Sitting on the fence 120 or 180 that is the question ?

Offline motoddrob

« Reply #569 on: February 15, 2018, 12:46 »
prefer a nice cuppa tea ;D
Motodd 1200, SFC750